Hello David, Could you please highlight the mistakes in my essay. Many thanks.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
anasjamil

Hello David, Could you please highlight the mistakes in my essay. Many thanks.

Post by anasjamil »

Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on children. Do you agree or disagree?
==========================================================================================
Now-a-days, it is not uncommon for children to use computer on daily basis. While some people are in favour of using computer regularly, others expostulate with them. They fear that frequent usage of computer will have negative impacts on children and I concur. I believe that every day usage of computer is detrimental for the health of children.

To begin with, computers are playing a vital role in academic life of children. Children are using this electronic device to accomplish certain tasks provided by their teachers. For instance, my nephew, who is five years old, utilizes his computer to take print outs of his homework. Moreover, he uses different applications on computer to learn typing. Such activities are abundantly beneficial for children as they are helping children to learn technological advancements quickly.

Despite the above arguments, in my view, there are harmful effects of using computer on daily basis. Since it is imperative to closely look at the screen for hours during the work on computer, the eye-sight is affected to a great extent. For example, according to a global survey in December, 2015, out of 100% children who use computer all around the world, 95% of them use spectacles only because they are exposed to the computer screen on daily basis. The regular usage has other harmful impacts as well such as back pain and headache.

In conclusion, I believe that the daily usage of computer has more negative results on children than positive ones. In near future, I envisage people will take steps to minimize such a high volume of computer usage by their children.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Hello David, Could you please highlight the mistakes in my essay. Many thanks.

Post by Flick »

anasjamil wrote:Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on children. Do you agree or disagree?
==========================================================================================
Nowadays, it is not uncommon for children to use a computer on a daily basis. While some people are in favour of using computers regularly, others expostulate with them. They fear that frequent usage of a computer will have negative impacts on children, and I concur. I believe that every day usage of a computer is detrimental for the health of children.

To begin with, computers play a vital role in the academic life of children. Children use this electronic device to accomplish certain tasks provided by their teachers. For instance, my nephew, who is five years old, utilizes his computer to make print outs of his homework. Moreover, he uses different applications on the computer to learn typing. Such activities are abundantly beneficial for children as they help children to learn technological advancements quickly.

Despite the above arguments, in my view, there are harmful effects of using a computer on a daily basis. Since it is imperative to closely look at the screen for hours when working on a computer, eyesight is affected to a great extent. For example, according to a global survey in December 2015, out of all the children who use a computer globally, 95% of them use spectacles only because they are exposed to the computer screen on a daily basis. The regular usage has other harmful impacts as well such as back pain and headaches.

In conclusion, I believe that the daily usage of computers has more negative impacts on children than positive ones. In the near future, I envisage people will take steps to minimize such a high volume of computer usage by their children.