12 Sep exam topic writing task 2 Academic module in Melbourne

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
lingxia

12 Sep exam topic writing task 2 Academic module in Melbourne

Post by lingxia »

In many countries, old people are highly valued while some countries consider the youth is more valuable. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In contemporary society, it is not uncommon to see a gap between old and young generations. Some people believe that senior citizens are more valuable assets in a society. I, however, think that both generations equally contribute to the society.

Admittedly, old people can be beneficial for society in a number of respects. First of all, it is generally acknowledged that elderly people are full of experience and wisdoms. Therefore, they are able to provide meaningful advice for young people when they confront difficulties in their lives. What is more, in some historical countries like China, respecting old people are a part of their traditional culture as the civilization of those societies was built upon countless efforts of old generations. Therefore, valuing the elderly is to express our appreciation to them for the contribution they made in the past.

However, the value of young generations should never be ignored as well. It is undeniable that the younger people are the main workforces which a society depends on thrive, and even survive. For example, the vast majority taxpayers are young people under 55 years old. They not only pay taxes regularly but also can do physical-demanding jobs that senior people fail to handle such as policemen and firefighters. In addition, in some immigrant countries, young people are considered as dynamic energy that will develop a society in the future.

In conclusion, I believe that senior citizens are good decision-makers as they are full of experience and wisdoms while younger generations are dynamic energy that drives productivity in a society. Accordingly, both generations are equally of importance for the development of nations. Words 270

I knew it is a terrible essay. much appreciate if someone can help me to check the mistake.... Thank you.....
In the end, we will be judged by the courage of our hearts
lingxia

Re: 12 Sep exam topic writing task 2 Academic module in Melbourne

Post by lingxia »

the result is awful..... I feel terrible..... :oops:
QQ图片20150925212033.png
QQ图片20150925212033.png (33.38 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
In the end, we will be judged by the courage of our hearts