Task 1 - Letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
pavneet

Task 1 - Letter

Post by pavneet »

=========================================================
Writing task 1 (a letter)

You borrowed something from your friend a while ago, but it has been damaged somehow. Write a letter to him/her and say
– Remind him/her what you borrowed.
– Explain what happened to it.
– Suggest what you are going to do about it.
==========================================================

Dear Ram,

How are you doing,

Remember, that I had borrowed your coat for the client meeting in my office last month. Just to tell you that it was a very impressive coat and I had received many compliments for it.

But unfortunately at break, due to the haste in resuming the session someone had thrown the coffee on it by mistake. Consequently, I was not able to return it to you last month.

Although the strain is on the back side of an arm and not clearly visible at the first look but it's my obligation to return it at the similar condition. Therefore I have given it to the dry cleaner's shop to clean and steam iron it before I return it to you.

Once again I would like to thank you for your help when I needed it the most and apologies that I couldn't keep it intact.

Best Regards,

Pavneet
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task 1 - Letter

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

'intact' means in one piece.

You have answered all the parts of the question, though I do think that a month is a pretty long time for dry cleaning!

Vocabulary and grammar are good and organisation is nice and clear.

Not bad at all!
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 1 - Letter

Post by Flick »

pavneet wrote:=========================================================
Writing task 1 (a letter)

You borrowed something from your friend a while ago, but it has been damaged somehow. Write a letter to him/her and say
– Remind him/her what you borrowed.
– Explain what happened to it.
– Suggest what you are going to do about it.
==========================================================

Dear Ram,

How are you doing?

Remember that I had borrowed your coat for the client meeting in my office last month? It was a very impressive coat and I received many compliments for it.

Unfortunately, due to the haste in resuming the session after the break, someone threw coffee on it by mistake. Consequently, I was not able to return it to you last month.

Although the strain is on the back side of an arm and not clearly visible at first glance, I feel that it's my obligation to return it in a similar condition to when I borrowed it. Therefore I have given it to the dry cleaner's shop to clean and steam iron before I return it to you.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your help when I needed it the most and apologies that I couldn't keep it clean.

Best Regards,

Pavneet