(please)task 2 advantages and disadvantages of moving abroad

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
luke Thompson

(please)task 2 advantages and disadvantages of moving abroad

Post by luke Thompson »

In last few decades ,taking a gap year out with the purpose of working and studying abroad has been overwhelmingly prevalent.For many mankind, especially for young generation having an extended amount of time in overseas is an Impressive one.Moreover, there are both benefits and problems which might be posed by this advance.In this essay I am going to reveal why moving abroad is so  increasingly popular and some setbacks to be overcome.
Firstly,one of noticeable advantage of going to other country is that it can make a significant contribution to make peoples' horizon broaden .This is simply because,a golden opportunity might arise to meet people from different part of the world with various cultural backgrounds. Blatantly ,you can  learn their customs and foods as well which makes you more accountable as a person.

Secondly, as far as some comments are concerned that having an oversea leads to a better quality
of life.Take some asian people as an salient example.Thousands of  Chinese  people move to Australia and USA every year.These countries provides a warmer climate and encourage better-work balance. Additionally,people,usually,gain more qualifications and language skills which may improve the high promotion for their returns.

On the other hand, the major problem of moving abroad is a cultural shock.Most people who take this challenge sea kindly hard to cope with nonnative language  and culture that includes foods.Unsuprisingly,they might not be able to find friends and get into conversations confidently.For this reason, some widespread problems such as homesickness might come.

Another issue is that starting new life from scratch.What I mean by this, when you move to another country, you have to make a new friends and find your own place in totally different society.For sure, this process takes a great deal of time and might be challenging when you have problem with language barrier.

In conclusion, I can reaffirm my state in the essay that people need to consider benefits they reap and problems they have with cultural shock and homesickness when they have overseas. Personally, I believe that the advantages in terms of personal growth eventually far outweigh drawbacks of moving abtroad.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: (please)task 2 advantages and disadvantages of moving abroad

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Introduction – I'm not sure about 'overwhelmingly prevalent'. Many mankind? Impressive?

First main paragraph – Broader, not broaden. Blatantly? Why does eating foreign food make you more accountable? Moreover, why do you have to live abroad to do it?

Second main paragraph – Warmer climate? That depends. Some parts of China are pretty hot.

Third main paragraph – So now food is a problem?

Fourth main paragraph – Good!

Conclusion – Reasonable

Overall, the weak vocabulary and poor quality of some of the points make this a poor essay. There are also numerous grammatical errors.

All the best,
David
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: (please)task 2 advantages and disadvantages of moving abroad

Post by Flick »

luke Thompson wrote:In last few decades, taking a gap year with the purpose of working and studying abroad has become overwhelmingly prevalent. For many people, especially the younger generation, spending an extended amount of time overseas is an Impressive achievement. Moreover, there are both benefits and problems which might be posed by taking a gap year. In this essay, I am going to discuss why moving abroad is so popular, and some setbacks to be overcome.

Firstly, one of noticeable advantage of going to another country is that it can significantly broaden one's horizons. This is simply because there is the opportunity to meet people from different parts of the world with various cultural backgrounds. You can learn their customs and foods as well, which makes you more accountable as a person.(<--How does learning another culture make you more accountable?)

Secondly, many people believe that having an overseas experience leads to a better quality of life. Take some Asian people as an salient example. Thousands of Chinese people move to Australia and USA every year. These countries provide a warmer climate and encourage a better work-life balance. Additionally, people usually gain more qualifications and language skills which may improve their career prospects.

On the other hand, the major problem of moving abroad is cultural shock. Most people who take this challenge may struggle to cope with a foreign language  and culture that includes foods. Unsurprisingly, they might not be able to make friends or have conversations confidently. For this reason, some widespread problems such as homesickness might occur.

Another issue is starting a new life from scratch. When you move to another country, you have to make new friends and find your own place in a totally different society. For sure, this process takes a great deal of time and might be challenging when you have problems with the language.

In conclusion, I can reaffirm that people need to consider benefits they reap and problems they have with cultural shock and homesickness when they travel overseas. Personally, I believe that the advantages in terms of personal growth eventually far outweigh the drawbacks of moving abroad.