Dear David - Please view task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ieltslearner

Dear David - Please view task 2

Post by ieltslearner »

Hello David,
Thank you for all your help in assessing the essays. I have taken 2 IELTS tests previously, but my band score was 7 in Writing. I'm aiming for Band 8. Please advise if you feel there are areas I can improve upon to improve my band score.

Almost everyone agrees that we should be training children to recycle waste to save the Earth’s natural resources. Some believe that it is parents who should teach their children to recycle waste. Others argue that school is the best place to teach do this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Most people agree that youth should be taught about saving our planet’s natural resources through recycling waste products by their parents. Others argue that school is a resourceful place to internalize these traits. In this essay, I will discuss both views before providing my personal opinion.

Parents play a pivotal role in educating their children when it comes to reprocessing used items. Children learn about proper disposal of items made of plastic, metal and paper when parents practice distributing these items in allocated recycling bins in their locality instead of dumping them without segregation. For instance, researches done in this area are overwhelmingly in favor of children carrying on with certain tasks in adulthood if they have been practicing it in their homes in adolescent years. However, a rudimentary understanding on the importance of preservation of raw material is also essential which is where educational institutions come in.

Schools have an important function in building the academic fundamentals on recycling in students. Elementary and secondary level education provide important lessons on how recycling is beneficial to maintain natural resources and how simply discarding waste products have a detrimental effect on Earth’s environment. For example, theoretical lessons are included in course books such as physics and biology on the importance and effects of reprocessing raw material. As a result, students develop a sound understanding, homogenized with practical application at home.

It is difficult to deduce if either parents or schools provide a stronger base in learning about recycling. In my opinion, both are equally essential in their own respective ways to incorporate practical and academic understanding.

(265 words)
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Dear David - Please view task 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, good, but I think that you could sometimes be more specific, e.g. what exactly do kids learn in science classes about recycling?

Grammar and vocabulary are good with mistakes not interfering with meaning or comprehension.

Still, a long way to go to get band 8 - a very high score!

All the best,
David
ieltslearner

Post by ieltslearner »

Thanks David. I will continue to work hard to improve :)
ieltslearner

Post by ieltslearner »

Hi David and Everyone else,

I have recently taken the IELTS exam for the third time and achieved the desired Band 8 score for writing.

I got band 7 previously in 2 attempts.

I would like to thank this forum, the organizers, Ryan, the teachers including David for all their help rendered.

I did a lot of reading on different topics. Practiced writing essays for two months. Memorized words that I found to be used frequently in different essays and memorized a lot of synonyms for common words (e.g. benefits - merits - advantages) etc.

All the best people and don't give up hope!
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

ieltslearner wrote:
Almost everyone agrees that we should be training children to recycle waste to save the Earth’s natural resources. Some believe that it is parents who should teach their children to recycle waste. Others argue that school is the best place to teach do this. Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Most people agree that youth should be taught by their parents about saving our planet’s natural resources through recycling waste products. Others argue that school is a more appropriate place to internalize these traits. In this essay, I will discuss both views before providing my personal opinion.

Parents play a pivotal role in educating their children when it comes to reprocessing used items. Children learn about proper disposal of items made of plastic, metal and paper when parents practice distributing these items in the allocated recycling bins in their locality instead of dumping them without segregation. For instance, research done in this area is overwhelmingly in favor of children carrying on with certain tasks in adulthood if they have been practicing them in their homes since adolescence. However, a rudimentary understanding of the importance of preservation of raw material is also essential, which is where educational institutions come in.

Schools have an important function in building the academic fundamentals of recycling in students. Elementary and secondary school level education provides important lessons on how recycling is beneficial to maintain natural resources and how simply discarding waste products have a detrimental effect on Earth’s environment. For example, theoretical lessons are included in course books such as physics and biology on the importance and effects of reprocessing raw material. As a result, students develop a sound understanding, reinforced with practical application at home.

It is difficult to deduce if either parents or schools provide a stronger base in learning about recycling. In my opinion, both are equally essential in their own respective ways to incorporate practical and academic understanding.

(265 words)
DeepDeep

Post by DeepDeep »

Flick wrote:
ieltslearner wrote:

Most people agree that youth should be taught by their parents about saving our planet’s natural resources through recycling waste products. Others argue that school is a more appropriate place to internalize these traits. In this essay, I will discuss both views before providing my personal opinion.

Parents play a pivotal role in educating their children when it comes to reprocessing used items. Children learn about proper disposal of items made of plastic, metal and paper when parents practice distributing these items in the allocated recycling bins in their locality instead of dumping them without segregation. For instance, research done in this area is overwhelmingly in favor of children carrying on with certain tasks in adulthood if they have been practicing them in their homes since adolescence. However, a rudimentary understanding of the importance of preservation of raw material is also essential, which is where educational institutions come in.

Schools have an important function in building the academic fundamentals of recycling in students. Elementary and secondary school level education provides important lessons on how recycling is beneficial to maintain natural resources and how simply discarding waste products have a detrimental effect on Earth’s environment. For example, theoretical lessons are included in course books such as physics and biology on the importance and effects of reprocessing raw material. As a result, students develop a sound understanding, reinforced with practical application at home.

(265 words)
Thanks!