Task1-complaint- furniture

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task1-complaint- furniture

Post by rairaichan0115 »

You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.

Write a letter to the landlord. In your letter

 Introduce yourself
 Explain what is wrong with the furniture
 Say what action you would like the landlord to take

Dear Mr. Brown,

My name is Jenny Chan – recently arrived and a new tenant of your apartment– currently staying in Unit 403 on Spencer Street. While I have found that the facilities here are quite satisfactory thus far, I wish to lodge a complaint regarding to the refrigerator and the sofa which are provided by you.

The details of the accommodation which you are shown on the internet, I read closely prior to apply this house, indicated that the sofa is brand-new and the fridge is in a good condition. Upon arrival, however, I discovered that the bench of the sofa is broken. Beyond my tolerance is the fridge’s door which could not close well. That means it is not able to keep the foods in a proper temperature along with the edibles were spoiled. Hence, I would like you to replace a new sofa within few weeks. But for the refrigerator, I would be grateful for altering it within several days. Given the fact that without it is very inconvenient. I would most appreciate for your prompt resolution of these matters.

Yours sincerely,

Jenny Chan
rzz

Re: Task1-complaint- furniture

Post by rzz »

You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.

 Introduce yourself

Dear Ahmedaen,

I hope you are doing well, I recently rented out Flat 03-B in A building of Alzhuair accommodation in your compound near Hampshire main city. I am living here along my family.

I am writing this application to bring your attention towards the condition of furniture provided by compound. Its a two bed room apartment with open drawing room and kitchen. I was expecting the bed in good condition but unfortunately both bed are with broken back wooden support which causing discomfort and the angle is not comfortable while sleeping. Also the kitchen wooden shelf are fade in color and few are not having proper handles and locks.

I am requesting the replacement of both bed with new bed as the back support not in condition of repair and will not long last if repaired and same problem rise again, on the other hand kitchen shelf can be repainted and minor repair by adding handles and locks will solve the problem.

I will be looking forward for your earliest actions.

Best regards,
Muhammad
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi again Jenny!

Nice letter - just one main point.
... keep the food at a proper temperature with the result that the edibles were ...
All the best,
David

Hi Muhammad!

1. both beds have broken supports which causes
2. are faded (delete 'in colour')
3. delete 'the back support not in condition of repair and' and replace with 'they'. change bed to beds.

Good letter!
David
p.s. We can find your letters/essays more easily if you start a new thread for each.
rairaichan0115

Post by rairaichan0115 »

Thank you so much David :D
rzz

Post by rzz »

Thank you David for your feedback.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

rairaichan0115 wrote:You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.

 Introduce yourself

Dear Mr. Brown,

My name is Jenny Chan – recently arrived and a new tenant of your apartment– currently staying in Unit 403 on Spencer Street.(<--Reword to: "My name is Jenny Chan. I am the tenant of Unit 403 on Spencer Street.") While I have found that the facilities here are quite satisfactory thus far, I wish to lodge a complaint regarding the refrigerator and the sofa.

The details of the accommodation which you are shown on the internet, I read closely prior to apply this house, indicated that the sofa is brand-new and the fridge is in a good condition.(<--Reword to: "According to the advertisement for this apartment, the sofa should be brand new and the fridge should be in a good condition.") Upon arrival, however, I discovered that the base of the sofa is broken. Beyond my tolerance is the fridge’s door which could not close well.(<--Reword to: "Also, the fridge door does not seal, which means food is not kept cold and is being spoiled.") That means it is not able to keep the foods in a proper temperature along with the edibles were spoiled.(<--Delete this sentence.)

Hence, I would like you to replace a new sofa within few weeks. But for the refrigerator, I would be grateful for altering it within several days.(<--Reword these sentences to: "I ask that both the sofa and refrigerator are replaced by the end of the week.") Given the fact that without it is very inconvenient.(<--Delete this sentence.) I would appreciate your prompt resolution of these matters.

Yours sincerely,

Jenny Chan
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

rzz wrote:You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.

 Introduce yourself

Dear Ahmedaen,

I hope you are doing well, I recently rented Flat 03-B in A building of Alzhuair accommodation in your compound near Hampshire main city. I am living here with my family.

I am writing this application to bring your attention towards the condition of furniture provided by compound.(<--Reword to: "I am contacting you with regards to the condition of the furniture provided by the compound.") Its a two bed room apartment with open drawing room and kitchen.(<--Delete this sentence.) I was expecting the beds to be in a good condition but unfortunately, both beds have broken bases which is causing discomfort and the angle is not comfortable while sleeping. Also, the kitchen shelf is faded in color and several cupboards are missing proper handles and locks.

I am requesting the replacement of both bed with new bed as the back support not in condition of repair and will not long last if repaired and same problem rise again, on the other hand kitchen shelf can be repainted and minor repair by adding handles and locks will solve the problem.(<--Reword to: "I would like both beds to be replaced, and the kitchen shelf repainted and cupboards fixed.")

I will be looking forward to your earliest actions.

Best regards,
Muhammad
rzz

Post by rzz »

Thanks flick for corrections.