Please evaluate my task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faruk079

Please evaluate my task 1

Post by faruk079 »

You have met one of your friends during a business trip in the last month. You are going to attend another business trip within few days. Write a letter to him or her describing:
a. How you enjoyed in the last time.
b. How do you want to enjoy your time during this time?
Answer:
Dear Masud,
I hope that you and your family are well by the grace of almighty. On 20th December, I am going to attend a meeting in Chittagong because of my business. I am writing this letter to ask you if we could meet again and enjoy some time with each other.
It was a nice meeting indeed in the previous time. Although, I was in a business trip at that time, I was able to enjoy my time with you by visiting several places in the city which were guided by you. The phenomenal green environment of Foy’s Lake amazed me. Furthermore, visiting the Patenga sea beach was one of my memorable events, as it was the first time for me to see the sea. Moreover, I am very grateful to you for the delicious food at that time. Now I have my next business trip to attend a seminar on 20th December. I would stay in a hotel situated in Chittagong city. The seminar will last up to 23rd December. I have a plan to go to Cox’s Bazar, to visit the world’s longest beach. It would be helpful for me is you could join me to enjoy sometime. I anticipate that it will be assistive for both of us to get rid of the monotony of our daily lives and pass our time in an enjoyable manner. I am coming with my wife and child. Hence, they will not get bored if they are accompanied by your family members during the time of the seminar.
Thank you for your time. Please confirm me as soon as possible so that I can book the hotel in Cox’s Bazar accordingly. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,
Faruqe.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please evaluate my task 1

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Faruk,
This is a good letter. The biggest problem is with grammar, although the mistakes do not change the meaning and would therefore not prevent you getting a good score. Here are a few mistakes ...
... it would be helpful for me IF you could ...
... please confirm WITH me ...
... I am going to attend a BUSINESS meeting in ...
... it was the first time I HAD SEEN THE SEA ...
... visiting Patenga Sea beach was memorable [end sentence]
All the best,
David
faruk079

Re: Please evaluate my task 1

Post by faruk079 »

Thank you David. I will work on it.

I am not clear about: CONFIRM WITH ME. Does it mean "I have to use "with" when I use confirm"?

Can you predict a band score?