Please rate my essayy (target band 7) :D

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ielts-slave

Please rate my essayy (target band 7) :D

Post by ielts-slave »

International exchange programmes for teenage school students have more advantages than disadvantages. To what extent do you agree?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a world where we are overwhelmed by the conflicts and competition, never in history was the education so emphasized as in modern society. Due to globalisation, teenage students have the more opportunities to explore the world via international exchange programmes. As beneficial as this development is to the students, its drawbacks should not be forgotten.

Admittedly, no one can deny the fact that the culture shock students are going to experience. Some students might not able to compromise with the new living habits. Moreover, there are chances of reverse culture shock where students could not acclimate with their home country anymore. But it does not mean that students are discouraged from joining the international exchange programmes. Such perception actually does not fit into the larger picture.

From education perspective, this program helps students to enhance interest in global issues as well as broaden general knowledge. It is a great opportunity for them to learn something new through the different teaching method from the host schools. Not to mention, students will have deeper understanding on the foreign language and culture.

From personal perspective, students can sharpen their personal skills and become more independent. Outside from their family support and comfort zone, their social skills and maturity can be boosted. In the future, students who continue their tertiary studies from foreign countries will find themselves integrated into the new environment easier than others.

In conclusion, it has always been a dilemma controversy for the adults to determine the impacts of the international exchange programmes to the teenage students. I would concede the culture shock is likely to impact students negatively. Despite that, prodigious the merits of exchange programmes are. Overall, nothing would please me to see the students receive proper guidance and consultation from the school representative throughout the whole program.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone please assess my essay, im targeting band 7.
thanks in advance. :) :) :)
ielts-slave

Re: Please rate my essayy (target band 7) :D

Post by ielts-slave »

halooo, anyone?
bas

Post by bas »

Your essay looks pretty good. I have a few suggestions for you.

Don't forget to include relevant examples. I think all writing task 2 questions include this text; "Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience." Including this should increase your task achievement band score.

The thesis of your essay does not sound very clear to me. From your introduction, I get the idea that your essay will either be a disagree argument or a balanced view discussion. After reading your essay, it looks more like a balanced discussion. I believe you could make your thesis statement stronger and organize your body paragraph more effectively. I would personally start with the advantages in your essay body then finish off with disadvantages. Restate the thesis in the conclusion in different words as well.

I would personally include an outline in the intro and provide an outline summary in the conclusion as well.

Aside from these, you seem to have the grammar and vocab skills required to achieve a band 7 score in my opinion. Practice them a little more then I will be convinced that you will receive your desired results. :)
sos1947

Post by sos1947 »

slave, I have some bad news for you. I am no expert in grammar but I see that your writing has grammar issues just like mine. They will never give you 7.0 for grammatical mistakes.

Please get it corrected by onlineenglishteacher or flick