Task 2 Writing (Target Band 8+) 2nd

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
bas

Task 2 Writing (Target Band 8+) 2nd

Post by bas »

Hello all,

Here is another essay I have written recently. Please let me know what you guys think.

Public transportation is a great way to travel, particularly within a metropolis. The metro is the most convenient way to get around a city. Do you agree or disagree?

As city populations and developments have grown over the past few years, so has the difficulty in traversing within them. Many people rely on train transportation to get to their destinations in these highly dense areas. I believe these people have the correct mindset in that taking the metro is the most suitable route of traveling through a metropolitan region. This will be shown by discussing the benefits of time management while catching a train and the hassles of finding parking when driving a car instead.

Firstly, subway users can utilize their time more effectively. The students of the University of New South Wales, for example, can use their time in the carriage by reviewing their previous lectures and previewing their upcoming topics. This cannot be done while driving as drivers must be focused on the road. Therefore, travelers taking the train can experience more freedom in time management.

Secondly, finding parking while driving a vehicle is a difficult procedure. For instance, the parking garages in the Central Business District of Sydney are sparse and generally full during business hours. Because of this, it can be a stressful process finding a spot to leave a car. Trains offer an alternative solution to bypass this unwanted scenario.

In conclusion, the metro caters towards people who wish to become more time-efficient in their travels or to avoid the nuisance of parking cars in busy locations. The subway creates a convenient option for many residents. I would highly recommend automobile drivers to consider taking a train next time they transit through a city.

Word count: 260

I appreciate any suggestions.

Bas
terry3218

Re: Task 2 Writing (Target Band 8+) 2nd

Post by terry3218 »

a belter of an essay without complicating things too much. Thats all i can say.
bas

Post by bas »

Thank you Terry :)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

bas wrote: Public transportation is a great way to travel, particularly within a metropolis. The metro is the most convenient way to get around a city. Do you agree or disagree?

As city populations and developments have grown over the past few years, so has the difficulty in traversing within them. Many people rely on train transportation to reach their destinations in these highly dense areas. I believe these people have the correct mindset in that taking the metro is the most suitable method of traveling through a metropolitan region. This will be shown by discussing the benefits of time management while catching a train and the hassles of finding parking when driving a car instead.

Firstly, subway users can utilize their time more effectively. Students of the University of New South Wales, for example, can use their time in the carriage to review their previous lectures and preview their upcoming topics. This cannot be done while driving as drivers must be focused on the road. Therefore, travelers taking the train can experience more freedom in time management.

Secondly, finding parking when driving a vehicle is a difficult procedure. For instance, the parking garages in the Central Business District of Sydney are sparse and generally full during business hours. Because of this, it can be a stressful process finding a spot to leave a car. Trains offer an alternative solution to bypass this unwanted scenario.

In conclusion, the metro caters to people who wish to become more time-efficient in their travels or to avoid the nuisance of parking cars in busy locations. The subway creates a convenient option for many residents. I would highly recommend automobile drivers consider taking a train next time they transit through a city.

Word count: 260

I appreciate any suggestions.

Bas
bas

Post by bas »

Thank you Flick