Please kindly assess my writing task 1 - I am targeting for Band 7.THANKS

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jayani

Please kindly assess my writing task 1 - I am targeting for Band 7.THANKS

Post by jayani »

The map illustrates the evolution of Chorleywood village from 1868 to 1994, which is located close to London. The development is considered in terms of population, railway and motorways.

Overall, the village center consists of Chorleywood park and a golf course.During the time period population has increased in the north-east southeast and southwest areas of Charley park.No population growth was seen in the northwest areas.By 1970 a new motorway has been added and by 1990 a railway facility was added with a station.It is evident that during 1868 -1994, a significant expansion of population as well as transportation infrastructure was experienced by Chorleywood.

In terms of population proliferation, the above statistics show the least area of population growth was experienced in the western from the golf course, in 1868 -1883.People of Chorleywood expanded to the south west area and the southern parts between 1922 -1970.Likewise, from 1970 -1994 a significant population growth was experienced in the northeast and the south east regions.

With regards to transportation system,initially the village consisted with a main road structure which runs from north to east and southwest to north. Furthermore, by 1970 the addition of motor way reinforced the transportation infrastructure from southern to northern area.Similarly by 1990 the road way was built and it runs through southeast to western regions of the village.
Attachments
W2.JPG
W2.JPG (45.95 KiB) Viewed 585 times
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please kindly assess my writing task 1 - I am targeting for Band 7.THANKS

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, quite good. All the main points are covered and grammar is quite good too. However, the ordering of sentences seems to be a little unclear. There's quite a bit of jumping from point to point without clear indications. For example, the relationship between the transport routes and the residential areas is very unclear.

All the best,
David