Task1: You accidentally damage - David plz analyze my task

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rzz

Task1: You accidentally damage - David plz analyze my task

Post by rzz »

You recently stayed at your friend’s place, to look after the house while he/she is away. You accidentally damaged something in his/her house. Write a letter to your friend and say
- What was the accident?
- When did it happen?
- Suggest how the damage can be fixed.

Dear Ahmedian,

I hope my letter finds you in good health. I hope you are enjoying summer vacations in Singapore with your family. I am writing to inform you that due to an unfortunate accident your television was broken.

On Saturday evening i was watching television and all of sudden telephone placed nearby TV stand rang, I walked to answer telephone call and unconsciously i placed coffee mug on your TV. After answering call when i was returning to couch my hand touched with coffee mug and all of sudden coffee spilled on television. I switched off television to save it from further damage but it was in vain. Later on when i turned on television i found that there was a short circuit and it went all black.

I sincerely apologize on this damage and i will try to compensate that. I called company and vendor has told me that it can be repaired. I am arranging all logistics and hopefully will be able to manage get it operational soon. If there will be any further problem i will try to compensate you with equivalent cash value.

I am looking forward for your safe arrival and will be glad to welcome you and family back.

Best wishes,
Rao
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Task1: You accidentally damage - David plz analyze my task

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello Rao,
A very good letter. Lots of structures, frequently used correctly and some excellent vocab and phrasing (in vain, went all black).
Congratulations!
David
rzz

Re: Task1: You accidentally damage - David plz analyze my task

Post by rzz »

Thanks David.