Writing group to improve writing score

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Nicola

Writing group to improve writing score

Post by Nicola »

Hi friends,
I have an idea...I know ,I really need my writing score .But to be honest, I'm not really trying hard...So what if ,we(who need ielts writing score)try to write together..I mean ,we will try to write the same essay topic and share ...so that we will get ideas from others and improve our writing skill day by day..We can write one essay or one graph each day...what you think??If somebody interested please reply soon ..we shall start as soon as possible..Thanks..
Somnil

Re: Writing group to improve writing score

Post by Somnil »

Hi Nicola!
I'm in.
I've been writing one essay/letter almost everyday now and uploading in the writing section. You can go through these and give your opinion.
Somnil
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi Somnil,
Do you have any improvement in doing so??
Somnil

Post by Somnil »

Hi,
I think practise definitely helps.
kannu

Post by kannu »

hello friends
that seems to be a good idea. please help me too and let me know how to start writing. my exam is on aug2. please reply
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi Somnil n Kaanu,
If you are ready,can we start writing from July 3rd?our first task will be,
Nowadays people tend to change a few careers during their life. What are the reasons for this, in your opinion? Do you think it is good for the society as a whole?
As Ryan says 'don't worry about time for the first few days.. Just focus on the quality and the structure'
So,we ll be doing it...No matter where we live ,we will write one essay everyday n post it...If you both are ready please let me know....
Good luck on our first task and thanks a million for the support..
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

I am in
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Sooo..I will be expecting 4 essays tomorrow,one each from Kaanu,Atmahesh,Somnil and myself(on the same topic)

Nowadays people tend to change a few careers during their life. What are the reasons for this, in your opinion? Do you think it is good for the society as a whole?
Somnil

Post by Somnil »

Hi every one... here we go...

The trend of changing multiple jobs in ones career is a thing of the past in recent times, as more and more individuals are opting for stable jobs. Increase in human resource development and many other reasons have been responsible for providing job stability in recent times. Some of the reasons that motivate individuals to retain their jobs are discussed below.

Firstly, organizations outlook towards their employees have undergone a sea change in past 10 to 15 years. Most companies have placed their employees over and above other resources like machinery and inventory. New policies have been worked out to support work life balance and career development of those employed by organizations. All in all, employers have become receptive to the needs of their employees, paying attention to their individual and personal needs as well.

Secondly, most organizations offer attractive salary and other benefits which are very competitive in the present day market. Rewards are directly linked with individual achievements. In some cases, companies provide stock options to their employees which bring in a sense of belongingness to the employees.

Thirdly, apart from attractive pecuniary benefits, companies have come up with various loyalty programmes for employees who complete long service. Various organizations have restructured their superannuation and pension schemes by offering higher rates of returns. This has stimulated job retention, thus lowering risks of attrition.

In my opinion, the society has been benefited as a whole due to fewer changes in job by individuals. There is more job satisfaction amongst individuals as companies compete to retain their employees by offering attractive salaries and better working conditions. Moreover, there has been a decline in the unemployment rates of youths. For example in Japan, companies offer various entry schemes to fresh graduates from college, who in the later part of their career become the torch bearers of their company. Overall, fewer job migration has paved the path for prosperity of the working class.

In conclusion, companies now have a stable workforce, who can bring stability to the companies through continuity of culture and work ethics. Although, some sectors still witness frequent changes in jobs, a majority of the industries have stable workforce whom they can rely on. As society progresses and companies value the importance of human resource, it is presumed attrition will be a thing of past.
kannu

Post by kannu »

hi nicola and somnile

Advancement in technology have given so much changes so is with the careers.Many people do tend to change careers during their life,while others stick to one peculiar occupation.i believe that it can be a positive aspect for some people and negative for the others. So i think that the topic is one which is open for debate.So ,I am going to discuss both the viewpoints in the following paragraph and completely agree with the multiple tasking because of need for the modern era.

On the one hand,it is always not possible to update him/herself all the time.Firstly,one typically need to have proper eye on the most demanding careers which is not always possible to do so.Secondly,one may usually not have enough money and time to invest on the different careers because of the sole breadwinner role in the family and Finally, one may be happy with his/her achievements and tend not to go in for the change in career. for example, one of my uncle is a general physician from last 40 years and believes himself to be gratified and is completely ready for his retirement in next two years.

on the other hand, due to advancement in technology and globalization it has become necessary to be flexible for the careers we choose. it is also emerging because of continues research works on the computer world and the share market one usually can not to fix him/herself with the old techniques and may have to go in for more aspiring changes for betterment of life. For instance, the person who is MBA and is on the high post can never thing himself to be safe because the youth is so much advance that he can anytime become danger for the existing employees.

In conclusion, I can say that there are always two sides of the same coin and so is with the options of career one can never rely on one whole life in this changing world.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi friends...
I'm not good at writing and I'm just a beginner..So pardon my simple language..thanks ..

These days switching careers are becoming a worldwide trend.In the meantime,whether it's a blessing or a curse has sparked much debate.However,personally I believe that this change is beneficial to both the individual and the society.And I base my opinion on the following grounds.

Firstly,career change may be due to a variety of reasons.The main reason for these trend is stressful jobs.In the hustle and bustle of today's life, long term hectic jobs are unhealthy,which adversely affect the entire person and his family.Another reason is due to lack of job satisfaction.For instance,a person,who choose a wrong career at his young age tend to continue the same job for long years make him unhappy and unsatisfied.These individuals are often frustrated which leads to an unhappy family and unhealthy society.

Secondly,an individual with a healthy mind normally reflects in the society.When a person who works at what he is good at or what he is passionate about , makes him pleasant and stress free.For instance,when we consider a society with people having their favourite professions,would be free of frustration.Thereby it defenitely makes a happy family and a healthy society.

Finally,summarizing the above statements and arguments,substantiated by reasons and examples,I standby with my endorse statement that changing careers is beneficial to the individual as well as for the well being of the society.
Last edited by Nicola on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Friends...
Tommorrow can we read the other 2 essays and rate it??so that we can improve our writings next time...what you think??

And the topic for July 5th will be
In the near future it is expected that the proportion of older people will be higher than that of young people in many developed countries. What are the positive or negative effects of this development?

Thanks a million for you both..I'm sure we are gonna make it happen this time..
Angela

Post by Angela »

Hello Nicola, Kannu, Somnil and Atmahesh. I like this idea of writing an essay each every day and practising with the help of each other's point of views and corrections. So i might post my essay on this topic as well. I have not read the two essays already submitted as this would give me a lot of ideas without my original inputs. Hope this helps me with the smallest amount of time that I have.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi Angela...

You are very welcome to our small essay group...And thanks a lot for joining.....
Angela

Post by Angela »

Thanks Nicola and I am sorry I couldn't yet post my essays. I am definitely uploading tomorrow.
kannu

Post by kannu »

hey nobody is posting essay......what happened?????
atmahesh

Post by atmahesh »

people are lazy like me :)
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hi Somnil,Kaanu,Atmahesh,Angela,
I have no right to ask you guys,where are our essays...and we know very well why we didn't write n submitt our essays ....
can we submit that in next 24 hours...please and Thankyou...
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Reporting our essay topic.,,
In the near future it is expected that the proportion of older people will be higher than that of young people in many developed countries. What are the positive or negative effects of this development?
kannu

Post by kannu »

hey nicola,
but initially we should have discuss of previous essays, other wise how will we know our drawbacks......
neena kaukab

Post by neena kaukab »

Hello everyone
I was reading your essays , you have done a great job, but I couldn't find essays from Nicola and Atul . Could you please tell me ,where I can find them.
Great job ,carry on.
Neena