School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. TASK 2 Please provide feedback

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rzz

School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. TASK 2 Please provide feedback

Post by rzz »

School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. This is having an alarming effect on reading and writing skills. Teachers need to avoid using computers in the classroom at all costs and go back to teaching basic study skills.
Do you agree or disagree?

Teaching methods in schools becoming moderate with on going technological changes while computers are greatly influencing our daily life. Its a good debate that using computers in classrooms should or should not be restricted to resume conventional method of teaching of reading and writing. To some extent i disagree with the idea of avoid using computers in teaching or learning process in classroom.

Firstly computer skills are becoming essential now a days and the best opportunity of learning these skills are from school time. Without these skills one can not survive in society when attending college and university. Most of course work and projects are becoming computer oriented from presentation to graphic illustrations. Secondly computer and internet works side by side in providing research data with various search engines, which actually enables student to access knowledge repositories using search engines like google one of the dominating search tool. One of the prospect of computer is playing games as an entertainment, various research has shown the kids which play computer games have good analytical abilities and that give them an edge over others when dealing with complex situations in studies or working on quiz or exam questions.

There are always drawbacks when there is over use of computer in school and one of the major drawback is that students are loosing skill of writing, It has been observed that tools like Microsoft word is provided for typing which actually has deprived the ability of hand writing and also the spelling abilities of student. Reading skills is also really impacting because now students prefer to browse search engines to search required reading material but in past they were use to visit libraries and search books and find the reading material with some effort and during that efforts they were used to gain more knowledge about other areas of studies.

In conclusion i must say, using computer in schools actually give more beneficial but there should be adequate balance which school management and teacher must maintain to address the weak areas of hand writing and book reading skills of students.

* DAVID please let me know can i manage 7 band in writing. Thanks
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. TASK 2 Please provide feedback

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Send me your email address and I will send you some materials about achieving certain band scores (e.g. 7). (This offer is for anyone on this forum.)

Introduction - Very good!
First main paragraph - Very good!
Second main paragraph - Good points! A little more development might be useful though. Deprived? (= they cannot write by hand)

Overall, a very good essay. Make sure that you always develop points clearly and use appropriate vocabulary and grammar structures to do so.

All the best,
David
rzz

Re: School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. TASK 2 Please provide feedback

Post by rzz »

Thanks David.

I appreciate your support and guidance.

My Email

raozubair@live.com
raniamostafa

Post by raniamostafa »

Dr.r.mostafa@Hotmail.com

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
bssmscng

Re: RE: Re: School children are becoming far too dependent on computers. TASK 2 Please provide feedback

Post by bssmscng »

David.IELTS.Examiner wrote:Hello!

Send me your email address and I will send you some materials about achieving certain band scores (e.g. 7). (This offer is for anyone on this forum.)

Introduction - Very good!
First main paragraph - Very good!
Second main paragraph - Good points! A little more development might be useful though. Deprived? (= they cannot write by hand)

Overall, a very good essay. Make sure that you always develop points clearly and use appropriate vocabulary and grammar structures to do so.

All the best,
David
bssmscng@gmail.com

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk
rairaichan0115

Post by rairaichan0115 »

Dear David,

could you pls send it to me too? thank you!!

rairaichan115@yahoo.com.au
ahmed.sawan@nsn.com

Post by ahmed.sawan@nsn.com »

Dear David

please send me these materials too
ahmed_sawwan@hotmail.com

thanks in advance
Sawan
abbasazarmehrput

Post by abbasazarmehrput »

Dear David,

I was wondering if you could send them to me too.

Email address: abbas.azarmehr.put@gmail.com

Cheers,

Abbas

Sent from my GT-I9060 using Tapatalk