GT Task 1 - can someone review my letter pleasee???to improve my writing skill?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
NimHim

GT Task 1 - can someone review my letter pleasee???to improve my writing skill?

Post by NimHim »

One of your pen friend wants to improve their English at language school. They have never studied at a language school before and have asked for your advice on how to choose a good one.
Write a letter to your pen friend. Advise them about the following
• The teaching method
• The number of students in a class and the number of hours a week

Dear Steve,

I am really glad to know that you decided to attend a language school to improve your English knowledge. I believe, the first thing you need to consider before selecting a class is the teaching method. In some classes, they teach the students by just writing on the board and giving lots of writing exercises. As per my experience, those type of classes will not suite you. There are some classes,that give us an opportunity to do practical exercises during the class, apart from the writing exercises. One example is they provide a scenario to speak and act out in the class.

The second thing you should consider is the number of students in the class. When a class has many students, they won’t get enough attention from the instructor. I believe between 10 and 15 students is a good count. In addition, the number of hours that the class is conducted per week is equally important. If it finishes within one week, students will not be able to do their homework and practice the things learnt from the class in real life, since they do not have sufficient time. Therefore, my advice is, select a class that is conducted for at least 3 months.

Anyway, I believe the above information will help you make a wise decision when you select an English class. Please write to me if you need any additional information. I am always available to help you. Good luck and take care.

Warm Regards
xxx
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: GT Task 1 - can someone review my letter pleasee???to improve my writing skill?

Post by Flick »

NimHim wrote:One of your pen friend wants to improve their English at language school. They have never studied at a language school before and have asked for your advice on how to choose a good one.
Write a letter to your pen friend. Advise them about the following
• The teaching method
• The number of students in a class and the number of hours a week

Dear Steve,

I am really glad to hear that you decided to attend a language school to improve your English knowledge. I believe the first thing you need to consider before selecting a class is the teaching method. In some classes, they teach the students by just writing on the board and giving lots of writing exercises. As per my experience, those type of classes will not suit you. There are some classes that give us an opportunity to do practical exercises during the class as well as writing exercises. One example is they provide a scenario to speak and act out in the class.

The second thing you should consider is the number of students in the class. When a class has many students, you won’t get enough attention from the instructor. I believe between 10 and 15 students is a good count. In addition, the number of hours that the class is conducted per week is equally important. If it finishes within one week, students will not be able to do their homework and practice the things learnt from the class in real life, since they do not have sufficient time. Therefore, my advice is to select a course that runs for at least 3 months.

Anyway, I believe the above information will help you make a wise decision when you select an English class. Please write to me if you need any additional information. I am always available to help you. Good luck and take care.

Warm Regards
xxx
NimHim

Re: GT Task 1 - can someone review my letter pleasee???to improve my writing skill?

Post by NimHim »

Thank you very much flick

Appreciate if you can give me the score..