Please suggest a band score for this letter?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
terry3218

Please suggest a band score for this letter?

Post by terry3218 »

Your friend has offered to sell you something. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter include:
• -what the item is
• -questions requesting details of the item being sold
• -what price you think is fair

Dear Ali,
I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am writing to you regarding the Toyota that you offered to sell to me. I trust you don’t mind me enquiring a few details about the car before I make up my mind about whether to buy it.

As you clarified the last time we spoke, this car is in reasonable condition and has been used for only few years. Can you confirm that the mileage that this car gives is still economical? Further, I would also like to ask whether the car has a CD player installed and if the engine of the car has ever been repaired? Would you mind getting back to me with this information?

I have mused upon the price that I might be willing to pay for this car, and would like to share my thoughts with you. Assuming that this car has both a CD player installed in it and its engine has never been repaired, I am willing to offer you $4500 for this car. If you assume this price to be fair, let me know so I can drop by at your place tomorrow to finalize our deal.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sam
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Please suggest a band score for this letter?

Post by Flick »

terry3218 wrote:Your friend has offered to sell you something. Write a letter to this friend. In your letter include:
• -what the item is
• -questions requesting details of the item being sold
• -what price you think is fair

Dear Ali,
I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am writing to you regarding the Toyota that you offered to sell to me. I trust you don’t mind me asking for a few details about the car before I make up my mind about whether to buy it.

As you clarified the last time we spoke, this car is in reasonable condition and has been used for only a few years. Can you confirm that the mileage that this car gives is still economical? Further, I would also like to ask whether the car has a CD player installed and if the engine of the car has ever been repaired? Would you mind getting back to me with this information?

I have mused upon the price that I might be willing to pay for this car, and would like to share my thoughts with you. Assuming that this car has both a CD player installed and its engine has never been repaired, I am willing to offer you $4500 for this car. If you assume this price to be fair, let me know so I can drop by your place tomorrow to finalize our deal.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sam