Band 8 Asessment required

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faty

Band 8 Asessment required

Post by faty »

You traveled by plane last week and your suitcase was lost. You have still heard nothing from the airline company.

Write to the airline and explain what happened.
Describe your suitcase and tell them what was in it.
Find out what they are going to do about it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inquire about a suitcase that I lost in flight PK732 on my return to Australia. On June 14th, I departed from Pakistan in an economy flight with a ticket no. 124567. As I landed in Australia, I found that one of my suitcases was missing from the luggage on airport.

It was a medium sized suitcase with my name and address written on the front side. The sparkling red color with a key chain was meant to easily identify my belonging. The books and clothes were not as important as the business documents it contained. I am afraid, I will not be able to arrange any backup of that file if I don't find it from my luggage.

One of the officers at airport scrutinized and inquired basic details so they could deliver the suitcase at home within a week. I am disappointed that I have not received any information so far. Please update if any action has been taken on my request and how long will it take to find my lost/stolen luggage. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this regard.

Regards,
Fatima Hasan
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Band 8 Asessment required

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Start sentences with advanced vocabulary.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inquire about a suitcase that I lost ("on") in flight PK732 on my return to Australia. On June 14th, I departed from Pakistan in an economy flight with a ticket no. 124567. ("Subsequently, I landed in Australia and found") As I landed in Australia, I found that one of my suitcases was missing from the luggage ("in the") on airport.

It was a ("medium-sized") medium sized suitcase with my name and address written on the front side. The sparkling red color with a key chain was meant to easily identify my belonging. The books and clothes were not as important as the business documents it contained. I am afraid, I will not be able to arrange any backup of that file if I don't find it from my luggage.

One of the officers at ("the") airport scrutinized and inquired basic details so they could deliver the suitcase at home within a week. I am disappointed that I have not received any information so far. Please update if any action has been taken ("for") on my request and how long will it take to find my lost/stolen luggage. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this regard.

Regards,
Fatima Hasan
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"