Please evaluate my writing. 1st Letter (Complaint)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Prams

Please evaluate my writing. 1st Letter (Complaint)

Post by Prams »

Topic: You are a member of an organization which meets regularly at a particular restaurant. The most recent meal you had there was not satisfactory, and you were very disappointed with the quality of the food and the behaviour of the staff.
Write a letter to the manager of the restaurant. Explain what was wrong with the meal and the service, and suggest what he/she should do to ensure that you and your group return to the restaurant.

Letter:
To,
The Manager,
XYZ Restaurant,

I am writing this with regard to the team party, we had yesterday at your venture.
Regretfully, the services we received there were not at all professional. Our orders were served almost after an hour of arriving. Surprisingly the booking and the order placing for the whole team was done a day in advance. Even when we politely asked for the reasons of the delay to the floor manager, he very arrogantly replied that this type of delay is very normal for any crowded restaurant. Being a top-tier restaurant like yours, this sort of unethical and unprofessional behavior is totally acceptable for a regular client. I sincerely believe that you should display some courtesy to you regular customers in order to make them visit again.
As per the restaurant’s terms and conditions, orders are to be served within 30 minutes. Also, if the terms and conditions are not met, we are eligible for full refund along with a written apology. I would like to request you to please do the needful from your end. I hope this matter will not go any further.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience,
ABC
Dr.Matthew

Re: Please evaluate my writing. 1st Letter (Complaint)

Post by Dr.Matthew »

To,
The Manager,
XYZ Restaurant,

I am writing this with regard to the team party,
no need for a comma here
we had yesterday at your
venture "venue"
Regretfully, the services we received there were not at all professional. Our orders were served almost an hour [after] arriving. Surprisingly[,] the booking and the [placement of orders] for the whole team was [maybe were?] done a day in advance. Even when we politely asked for the reasons of [for?] the delay to the floor manager, he very arrogantly replied that this type of delay is very normal for any crowded restaurant
omg....say it again Pram (if you'll excuse my Casablanca pun...)what a great and near perfect sentence!!!!!!!
. Being a top-tier restaurant like
is there ANYTHING wrong with "such as..."?????
yours, this sort of unethical and unprofessional behavior is totally [un]acceptable for a regular client
ALMOST another perfect clause!
. I sincerely believe that you should display some courtesy to you[r] regular customers in order to make [encourage] them [to] visit again.
As per the restaurant’s terms and conditions, orders are to be served within 30 minutes. Also, if the terms and conditions are not met, we are eligible for full refund along with a written apology. I would like to request that you attend to these matters immediately and I hope this matter will not go any further.

[you to please do the needful from your end.]

Please contact me at your earliest convenience,
Prams

Re: Please evaluate my writing. 1st Letter (Complaint)

Post by Prams »

Thanks sir for your time. All your comments are duly noted.. :)
Will come of with few other types of letter in the next few days.. :)