pls grade my letter !!task 1 - missing bag

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls grade my letter !!task 1 - missing bag

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Last Tuesday you flew from New York to Paris. When you arrived home, you discovered that you had left your cabin bag on the plane. Write a letter to the airline. In your letter, you should explain:
• where and when you lost your bag
• what your bag looks like
• what its contents were

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to ask for your assistance in finding my cabin bag.

On April 25th, I took a flight from New York to Paris with your airline. My flight number was JA202. Unfortunately, I had left a small bag on the flight. I believe that I put it under my seat and my seat number was 45D.

I was a small black bag and the size of the bag was around 15 x 15cm. it had a buckle at the front. It is to be mention that the buckle was unlocked. There are several novel books and a valuable pen inside my bag. The pen was a gift from my grandmother. I would be grateful if you could help me find it.

I can be contacted at email address along with my mobile number above. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Janis Lam
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: pls grade my letter !!task 1 - missing bag

Post by Flick »

rairaichan0323 wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to ask for your assistance in finding my cabin bag.

On April 25th, I took a flight from New York to Paris with your airline. My flight number was JA202. Unfortunately, I left a small bag on the flight. I believe that I put it under my seat and my seat number was 45D.

It is a small, black bag around 15 x 15cm. It has a (what color buckle?) buckle on the front. I should mention that the buckle was open. There are several books and a valuable pen inside my bag. The pen was a gift from my grandmother. I would be grateful if you could help me find it.

I can be contacted at email address or on my mobile number, 123-456. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Janis Lam
Hi Janis,

This is great. Your description is simple and easy to understand. You answer all the questions in the original task. Your English is polite and clear. Great job!

Flick
rairaichan0323

Post by rairaichan0323 »

thank you Flick, could you estimate my score too?

also could you please check this letter for me too.

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1410
thank you!!
durai

Post by durai »

Last week, you were on a flight to London. Unfortunately when you left the plane, you left behind a bag. You didn’t remember about the bag until you go your hotel.
Write a letter to the airline. Explain what was happened, describe bag and it contents and say what you would like them to do about it. Write at least 150 words.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is John Feramez, and I traveled on your plane from Singapore to London on the flight number SQ535 last week. To be precise, it was on Tuesday, the 25th of April, and my seat number was J25. The reason I am writing because, unfortunately, I left a bag on the aircraft

As you understand, it is a small BLUE bag and has four zip openings, two at the front and two on either side. Besides, it contains the original certificate of my academic degree, and an expensive Sony tablet which I bought at the Singapore airport. Also, the gift that my parents gave me after my visit to their house is inside the bag.

As far as I know, I left this bag in the cabin number 25, just above my seat. So, I am kindly requesting you to track my bag and inform me as quickly as possible. Please ring me on 0433141400 IF you find it.

I am looking forward to your prompt response.

Yours faithfully,
John
JAN 2014 L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 6.5
FEB 2014 L 8 R 8 W 7 S 6.5
APR 2014 L 8 R 9 W 6.5 S 7
JUN 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6
July 2014 L 8.5 R 7 W 6.5 S 6.5
OCT 2014 L 7.5 R 7 W 7 S 7