Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
PrasadAnumolu

Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?

Post by PrasadAnumolu »

I would like to discuss about freedom in our society. Personally, I believe that some people support freedom and others did not support. Democracy will maintain freedom but people do not follow the rules and regulations. I will mention some specific advantages and disadvantages in my presentation.
First of all, Freedom is compulsory every country. Most advantage of freedom is success and happiness. In my point of view, speech is compulsory because knowledge will be increased you will live anywhere in the world. Most advantage is happiness and No issues. On the other hand Free will be decides on parliament or high authority people.
Secondly, some people freedom did not accept because of terror and crime people. In our democracy living good people and bad people. That kind of people will destroy the human being and assets. Furthermore, they addicts crime. They do not care about certain government. Especially, land correction in our society, kidnaps and rapes. Some people do not think about freedom . only think about him or her and not for society.
Finally I conclude that, Freedom in compulsory in my country but people does not support freedom. They addicted their personally, do not think about society and corruption. Please control the correction and terror. Automatically freedom will come and we are develop a lot and got a good support.

[b]Sir , Please tell me how many mistakes in essay .. how much score i will get and how to improve band 8 [/b]
IELTS Liz
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?

Post by IELTS Liz »

Hi,

Here are some comments to guide you for IELTS writing task 2.

1. You must write over 250 words or you will reduce your band score. This essay is only 223 word.
2. Learn how to write the background statement and thesis statement for an IELTS essay. Here's a link to a lesson to show you: http://www.ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-t ... roduction/. It is essential you learn how to write this introduction and avoid using learned phrases from books. The thesis statement for IELTS should never contain the words "presentation" and you should introduce clear main points.
3. Task Response: This essay is about freedom of speech not about only freedom. This means no censorship of newspapers, writers, artists or any person in society. It means the government does not have a right to limit what is printed in the press or expressed by any writer or person. You have not written about this in your essay. You must take time to understand the task given to you and make sure you are answering it directly.
4. Grammar: Capital letters. Make sure you don't accidentally put capital letters in the middle of sentences. There are 4 of these errors in the essay.
5. Grammar: Complex sentences. To get band score 7 and over you must be able to produce complex sentences with few errors. Here's an example of how to connect sentences together: "In our democracy living good people and bad people. That kind of people will destroy the human being and assets. Furthermore, they addicts crime." = "In most democracies, there are all kinds of people including criminals who would severely damage society."
6. Vocabulary: You must develop your vocabulary. I don't mean try to use more complex language but instead, you must learn to use words correctly and understand their exact meaning.
7. You have good organisation and some good linking. This is your strength.

On the whole, you must develop both your English language and IELTS skills. At present, your vocabulary and grammar would be band score 5 but with practice and improvement you can increase that.
Keep focused on developing your weaknesses to get the higher scores,
All the best
Liz
PrasadAnumolu

Re: Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?

Post by PrasadAnumolu »

Thank you for very much for valuable feed back, definitely i will my self. i follow your websites