task2: should we protect the old buildings

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
FLS101

task2: should we protect the old buildings

Post by FLS101 »

TASK2: should we protect the old buildings?

Can you imagine that Forbidden City no longer erects in Beijing that Terracotta Army disappears in Xian, that Roman colosseum relocates in other city, that Athens collapses their Acropolis. Most people would not want to it occurs today. Even though a great deal money and needed to restore, I personally esteem that we should protect our ancient constructions.

One of the main points is that antiquated buildings, tangible cultural heritage, are significant part of out culture. This is to say, with the process of modern architecture blurring the difference between different countries. People may be feeling a sense of familiar, when they strolled around distinctive cities. Thus protecting precious building can accentuate our culture diversity and simultaneously protest cultural assimilation.

Another reason is that are education and research significance. To be precise, the unique buildings are live history which are totally different from the picture in the book, mundane and complanate, instead it vivid and three-dimensional. Excursing personally, people enhance their good grasp of historical knowledge , admired ancestors what magnificent architecture they made .Furthermore , these buildings are either artistic value or historical significance ,rare first-hand material for research .

It indeed that modern construction provides spacious room and cozy living environment .As a consequence, some old building without historic or artistic value can be torn down.

As I see it, protecting valuable buildings need cost, mass funds and professional rehabilitation. Nevertheless the grandeur and aesthetic value can not be surpassed. I suppose that is the architecture real charming and magnetic.