pls help!!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls help!!

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Some people think students should go to private secondary schools. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the present age, schooling is playing a pivotal role in individual success. Some people argue that students should attend private secondary schools. While there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary, I personally believe that it is not necessary for the students to go to individual junior high schools and high schools. The reasons for this are twofold.

First of all, it is an undeniable fact that needy families are not able to afford their children to the private schools as the institution fee is extremely higher than the local schools. For example, the school fee in these schools is frequently higher than the public schools. This makes it clear that the impoverished families cannot pay for the high tuition fee. This is, therefore, one of the main reasons I do not agree the pupils to attend these kinds of school.

Secondly and even more importantly, the children will alienate from their parents since they are staying in dormitory during the school days. For instance, the students only will go back home at the weekend. It is not enough time to communicate and interact with each other. For this reason, this lifestyle will have negative influence the relationship between their offspring and parents. This is another reason for refuting the pupils to educate in the private school.

By the way of conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that studying in the private secondary schools is not necessary for their descendants. Also, I believe that it is highly advisable for the parents to let their children to study in the public schools.
chaiguy
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: pls help!!

Post by chaiguy »

rairaichan0323 wrote:Some people think students should go to private secondary schools. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the present age, schooling plays a pivotal role for those individuals who want success. Some people argue that students should attend private secondary schools, while on the other hand, there are certainly valid arguments to the contrary. (<<<You've made your point so end this sentence with a full stop.) I personally believe that it's ("it's" flows much better than "it is".) not necessary for the (<<<remove 'the' here) students to go to individual junior high schools and high schools (I don't understand this part. What's an "individual junior high school"?). The reasons for this are twofold.

First of all, it's an undeniable fact that needy (a better term to use would be "less wealthy") families can't afford to send their children to the (<<< remove the 'the') private schools as the institution fees are much higher compared to local schools. For example, the school fee in these schools is frequently higher than the public schools (you should use an example here: "school A costs $X per year whereas school B only costs $Y. This makes it clear that for some of the poorer families, they simply cannot afford these high tuition fees. This is one of the main reasons why I don't agree the pupils to attend these kinds of school <<< I don't understand your point here? Are you saying that you don't agree that some children are automatically ruled out by these schools because they're not rich enough?.

Secondly, and even more importantly, the <<< remove the 'the' here) children will alienate themselves from their parents as they will be staying in dormitories during the school days. With this, the students will only go back home at weekends. This isn't enough time for each party to communicate and interact with each other. For this reason, this particular lifestyle will have a negative impact on the parent-child relationship. This is another reason for refuting the pupils to educate in the private school. (<<< You don't need this last sentence)

To conclude, I once again reaffirm my belief that studying at private secondary schools isn't necessary in order to gain knowledge and success. I also feel that it's highly advisable for the parents to let their children to study in the public schools. (Again, you don't need this last sentence)