Please, hash out this letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
abbasazarmehrput

Please, hash out this letter

Post by abbasazarmehrput »

You are getting married soon. Write a letter to your friend from a different country and invite him/her to the wedding. In your letter
- Describe your future wife/husband.
- What will happen at the wedding?
- Why do you want to invite him/her?

Dear John,

Hi. How have you been recently? I hope everything working well for you and your nice family.
As you know, Jess and I are going to celebrate our wedding ceremony in the coming week, and I hope that you can come to this ceremony. Jess was my classmate while I was studying English literature in Sistan and Baluchistan University. She is very benevolent and likes to assist other people when they are in emergency situation. Documentaries like BBC earth appeal to her, and sometimes we watch those programmes with each other to hone our listening skill.

This ceremony will be held in the southern part of London on 12th of August, 2016. In this ceremony, a Spanish band called Vampire Diary will perform their last album accompanied by a dance performed by a group of professional dancers selected from all over the UK. Refreshments like alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be served for our special guests coming from different parts of the world.

I will be honoured if you could join us in this memorable event because you helped me a lot when I was taken to infirmary because of car crash two years ago.

I wish to see you in the UK, where we would probably have more time to talk about different things with each other.

Cheers,

Abbas
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please, hash out this letter

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

This is a very good letter. You have covered all the main points and developed them. Vocabulary is good despite some mistakes (benevolent - kind). Grammar is also good, with mistakes not affecting meaning.

All the best,
David