Please, What would I score for this Task 1 writing

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Nora

Please, What would I score for this Task 1 writing

Post by Nora »

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your great efforts. I am determined to score 7 in my writing test , so please could you give me your feed back about this written piece of my own. And what band would I score for this example.

Cheers

Nora

The task is

you have a full-time job and are also doing a part-time evening course.
You now find that you cannot continue the course
Write a letter to the course tutor.In your letter,

- Describe the situation
- Explain why you cannot continue at this time
-Say what action you would like to take

Dear Mr Smith,

I am writing to regretfully inform you that I will no longer be able to continue my part-time health care course with you.

Please allow me to explain my current circumstances which has led me to take this decision. As you ma know, I am a full-time emergency department nurse at St Lucia Hospital. Typically, the nature of my role is highly demanding. Not only I am required to work seven days a week, but also I am expected to work night shifts and public holidays. Because of the work pressure I am under , I find my self struggling to balance between my work duties and my study assignments. Unfortunately, this has negatively affected the quality of my performance at work as well as my grades in my course.

Therefore, I have decided to deffer my course with you and start again by the next semester starting next summer on July 2nd as I will be appointed in a less demanding role by that time. I trust that you would understand my situation and would consider my request for a course deferral.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Nora