Please, I need your comment, Task 2, factors of job satisfaction

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
mkhitaryan

Please, I need your comment, Task 2, factors of job satisfaction

Post by mkhitaryan »

As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing.
What factors contribute to job satisfaction?
How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

Today, because of the high competition in the labor market, people tend to work harder, stay longer at an office, and use every chance to improve their professional skills. In order to maintain their well being, they need to be well-motivated and satisfied with their job. An opportunity of career development, free expression of an opinion, or even a single oral praise can become rewarding for a working person. This essay will describe these factors and discuss the achievability of job satisfaction for all personnel.
Spending many hours at work often makes people depressed. Managers can contribute by many ways to keep workers in a good working shape. One of the factors is that employees can clearly see how they can climb up the career ladder during time. They should feel themselves valuable at the company. Moreover, their opinions should not be neglected in issues connected with them. In many cases even oral praise is enough to motivate employees for a productive job. These factors should be taken into account as they will raise the job satisfaction among employees.
However, not all the workers can feel satisfied at the same time. For example, a worker with low value-added to the profit of her company cannot be treated the same way as her harder working colleague. Thus, the aim of managers is to keep balance between grateful and neutral workers. Otherwise, the company risks losing not only unproductive but also talented employees.
In conclusion, the tightness of the labor market forces people to work harder. On order to keep them satisfied with their job, managers should praise them, promote to new positions, and always listen to their views. All these factors should be considered for the efficient workers and are not necessary to be followed for unproductive ones.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please, I need your comment, Task 2, factors of job satisfaction

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

The arguments are very general and so more development of ideas is needed to make a more coherent essay. Similarly, vocabulary is good, but not precise, e.g. managers should ... always listen to their views. Many (Most?) workers might argue that simply listening is not good enough. Many of the worst managers I have met are the ones who listen, but don't act.

All the best,
David
mkhitaryan

Post by mkhitaryan »

Thank you very much.

Please, could you assign band score to my essay?
It is very important for me to know whether I am close to band 7 or not.
anoops911

Post by anoops911 »

Dear David, Please review my essay on the same topic..I have tried to follow your advice from videos...

An individual spends close to 50% of his daily available time at work and therefore ends up spending a reasonable amount of time, working and building career. It is not only important for him to enjoy his work but also feel comfortable. First part of the essay will look at points influencing work satisfaction and then look at what employees realistically expect out of their roles to be happy.

Firstly, happy customers are a result of happy employees. This means that a company can never have happy customers if they have unhappy and dissatisfied employees. Some of the reasons which greatly determine job fulfillment are job engagement, work environment and most importantly, recognition. For example, Pizzahut has a process to display the pictures of top performing employees in the restaurant so that the customers can see them. This has been proven to improve the motivation of the Pizzahut staff to perform their job better and also be happy. Thus, some of the aforesaid factors greatly influence job satisfaction.

Secondly, being treated well and being content at work is a worker’s basic fundamental right. For instance, many world class organisations take happiness at job with utmost importance and they have top tier agencies like Ipsos measuring job satisfaction level on a regular basis. Based on the ipsos feedback, firms conduct workshops with workers to improve their work engagement. These measures have resulted in improving employee engagement and in turn resulting in higher job satisfaction. Therefore, these efforts by companies prove that employees expect to be treated well at work.

To conclude, a person requires to be happy, motivated and constantly trained to be successful in their work as well as personal life. This success can only be achieved if the employees feel empowered at the same time be satisfied to accomplish the day to day roles. It is only logical that with more and more competition, firms will have to drive job satisfaction in order to make their employees take new responsibilities as well as be healthy, loyal and happy.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

This is much better!
David