Essay Writing Task2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Success7

Essay Writing Task2

Post by Success7 »

Firstly, I like to express my utmost appreciation for Ryan's e-book about writing.
I could get 7.5 with his guides on last test.
Since then, I have been focusing more on speaking.
However, I feel to practice writing also, at least once a week.
Here is the essay I wrote today. I tried to follow Ryan's recommendation, though.

The requirement was:

Scientists predict that future generations will be able to live well past 100 years. Some people believe this is a good thing while others believe this development will bring about serious problems for the planet. Discuss both of these views and share your opinion.

Here is my essay:

The development of biotechnology and medical science has highly improved almost every part of our life. The extended life expectancy is one of the achievements of modern technologies, which has been pursued throughout the history of human beings. However, some argue this extension of life would play a role as an evil not a blessing. Both aspects on this issue will be examined in greater details, followed by my own stance with it.
Let us firstly investigate the bright side of the long-lived life. Above all, it is a nature for all life not only human but also other animals and plants to live as longer as possible when they are healthy enough to enjoy their lives. Moreover, the cumulative knowledge and various experiences can act as the source of wisdom for the younger generations. For example, one of my friends’ grandfather in his 90s still shows a series of actionable pieces of advice to his grandsons, which I envy to a great extent. Against this backdrop, my friend could build up remarkable achievements economically and socially. Thus, living longer, even over 100 can be regarded as a benefit.
Meanwhile, the adverse effects of the enhanced life expectancy must not be regretted. Health problems and relevant social costs are an example of those foreseeable drawbacks. If the majority of a society is unable to do their own economic activities, then it means the younger generation is supposed to support the elderly, which in turn result in higher taxes, lowered standard of living as well as the generation gaps arisen from income disparity. Therefore, it is highly required that old people also have to have their own job as long as possible to avoid those dark sides of prolonged life in the near future.
To put it in a nutshell, both healthy and economic ability are the crucial factor for the extended life to be a blessing. I am convinced that all the citizens, both the young and the old, would enjoy their lives when these criteria are satisfied. The governments are highly recommended that proper policies for the bright future regarding the prolonged life.