General training task 1: Job application

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yhjsaber

General training task 1: Job application

Post by yhjsaber »

Task 1: Apply for a job to be a tourist guide for local tourists. In the application letter you should state your strong points and week points for the position and express your eager for the job.

Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my interest in the position as a tourist guide for local people that you placed in Chengdu daily on 8 March.
I have recently graduated with a first class honours degree in tourism management in last September and begun to work in a travel agency as a trainee guide. Because my excellent performance, I was recently promoted to lead groups with more than 50 tourists.
In the past six months, I have been actively involved in various projects such as taking a group of 65-year olds and their grandchildren to visit Qingcheng Mountain, which greatly improve my skills in terms of arranging travel planes and co-operating with colleagues to provide satisfactory services to our customers.
In addition, working in that travel agency also makes me realize I have yet to get myself familiar with more places for tourists to visit because some customers told me that I intended to make mistakes when introducing places that I am not familiar with. However, if I were to be provided with more opportunities, I am confident that I would soon become professional in this respect as I am more than willing to learn anything that is new to me.
Finally, as my contract with that travel agency is about to expire, I am keen in starting my career as a tourist guide as soon as possible. And the reason why I prefer to work at your company is that I believe I could have greater opportunities to improve my professional skills working at a reputable travel company and more importantly I believe I am able to bring benefits to the development of your company.
Thanks for taking time to consider my application and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Yours sincerely
Carlen