pls help Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

pls help Task 2

Post by rairaichan0323 »

People think that living in the big cities is not healthy. Agree or Disagree?

The past 50 years have seen a dramatic increase in the pace of life. It seems that people in big cities live a more stressful life than people in rural areas. But at the same time, controversy has arisen whether living in the urban areas is not healthy. Some people would argue that it is unhealthy to live in the modern cities. While there are certainly arguments to the contrary, I personally believe that residing in the big cities has had negative influences on our health both physical and psychological.

First of all, the fast-paced urban lifestyles have seriously diminished individuals’ leisure time. For example, in Hong Kong, it is common for office’s employees have to work extra working hours. They frequently spend more than 12 hours on their working. This makes it clear; they do not have time to conduct other leisure activities. As a result, these accelerating modern lifestyles have profoundly negative impact on individuals.

Secondly and even more importantly, though, modern cities have deprived city-dwellers of fresh air. As an example, factories have heavily contaminated the air in the big cities. Thus, this pollution has detrimental influence upon urban residents’ body condition. It is obvious from this that in terms of health, people living in such cities may result in serious health problems.

By way of conclusion, I once again reaffirm my position that residing in the urban cities is unhealthy. Also, I believe that it is highly advisable for urban residents to relocate to live in rural areas.
yhjsaber

Re: pls help Task 2

Post by yhjsaber »

It has been suggested that people who live in big cities tend to lead an unhealthy life. As it has become evident that an increasing number of people living in urban areas suffer from health problems such as diabetes and heart disease, I tend to agree with this view and believe that this alarming trend has come about for two reasons.
The first and foremost reason for this trend may involve the increasingly high rate of population increase in most big cities. With more people striving to secure a place for earning a living, the competition among city dwellers is likely to become more intensified. As a result, those who wish to survive or even thrive in this competitive environment would have to struggle to learn or to work for longer hours every day in order for them to remain competent. This can lead to a sedentary lifestyle, which substantially diminishes the time for a hard working city resident to relax and to have physical training, thereby increasing the possibility of them having health problems such as eye irritation and pain in the back.
The prevalence of unhealthy fast food is the second main reason why the general population health level in many big cities has been deteriorating. The high salt and fat content in these types of food has the potential to increase the blood pressure if a person eats it on a daily basis. Unfortunately, it is commonly seen that for the purpose of time saving, many city residents are forced to eat regularly in restaurant where fast food are commonly served. The lack of exercise and constant intake of excessive amount of fat and salt have resulted in the high possibility of people having food related diseases such as obesity, diabetes or even heart attack.
In conclusion, the unhealthy lifestyle derived from intense population growth and the prevalence of unhealthy fast food are two factors contributing to the decreasing health level in big cities. If proper measures level were not taken, people would likely to suffer more from living in big cities.