View first unread post PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 1- Letter to a friend

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
varpha143

View first unread post PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 1- Letter to a friend

Post by varpha143 »

A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.

Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, where you stayed, what you can do there and what the food was like.

Dear Venkat,

Thanks for your letter, hope you and your family are doing well. I read your letter which you sent on last week Tuesday. As you mentioned in the letter, that you’re planning to explore different places in these summer holiday’s which are in the United States of America.

As far as I know, my sincere suggestion to you is to explore Michigan State which is located at the north side of the United States. It is a beautiful place which I visited in last year at the time of winter fall. It’s a quite pleasant place which u never seen in this world. The people in this State are living in pollution free and you can explore more natural sceneries, a wide range of cuisines which is famous for Mexican dishes.

If you need accommodation over there, you can call my uncle’s contact number. Hope you have his contact details. In the case of any further assistance, you can call me on weekends. Looking forward, you reply soon.

Yours faithfully,
Shanthi
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: View first unread post PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 1- Letter to a friend

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Shanthi,
The letter is quite good, but I think that for a high score you would need to give more specific information. For example, what do you mean by "more natural sceneries [scenery]"?
Also, the grammar sometimes interferes with clarity of communication - "a wide range of cuisines which is famous for Mexican dishes".
All the best,
David
varpha143

Re: View first unread post PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 1- Letter to a friend

Post by varpha143 »

Hi David,

Thanks for your kind reply, by your evaluation I can improve myself and Please let me know that how many point I can achieve in IELTS out of 9 if I wrote like this.