Please assess my writing task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
asadurk

Please assess my writing task 2

Post by asadurk »

In many countries school-age children are spending their free time in doing homework. Is it good or bad thing? What is your opinion? Give example to support your view.
Education is the precursor to success and homework is one of the essential elements to understand the topic in depth, which is taught in the class, by children themselves. However, I think giving homework to student is vital but giving it exceedingly may causes numbers of problem.

On the one hand, there are several benefits of giving assignments to the school-going children. By doing homework themselves, children are able to understand the classwork fully and in more depth and if children do their work themselves, then they will automatically become self-learner. Moreover, children also learn time management from their homework indirectly, which can be understand by following example. Children want to complete their homework in less time because they want to play some outdoor games like, cricket, football and volley ball and as well as they want to glue on TV for watching cartoon, which are usually their favorite hobbies.

On the other hand, giving lot of homework, which take lot of children’s spare time, has several drawbacks. Firstly, if children receive lot of assignments, they will suffer mental stress. For example, my niece, who was a student of grade 2 last year, had received lot of assignments for 2 weeks after her new teacher tried to complete course. During that period, my niece did not have time to watch cartoon on the TV and as well as she could not manage time to play games. Consequently, in two weeks she was quite irritated to her studies and was feeling mental sickness. Afterwards, when normal routine come, her behavior became normal. Secondly, if the same problem persist from the long time then children’s health will also suffer due to lack of physical activities, which is achieved by playing games and by doing exercise.

In conclusion, I opine that the method of giving home assignments and homework to students is vital but however, it should be given by analyzing the strength and weakness of the average students so that It can be completed in some of their free time and children can spend most of their leisure time in playing outdoor games and indoor activities so that they can maintain their fitness physically and psychologically.

Kindest Regards,
Asad
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Please assess my writing task 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Asadurk!
In the first paragraph, you have generalised quite a lot. You assume that children will do their homework before playing games, for instance. In the second paragraph, you mention lack of physical activity, which doesn't quite fit with your example of watching TV.
However, overall, you have answered the question quite well and used a good range of vocab and grammar, so well done!
David