Evaluation of Writing Task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Owais

Evaluation of Writing Task 1

Post by Owais »

Write a letter to your friend who lives in another country and in your letter:
a. Invite him/her to a public event in your country
b. Describe the public event
c. Explain about other plans you have for your friend when he/she will visit

Dear Samantha,

I hope you are keeping well.

I am writing to invite you to a fantastic sports festival starting on Nov 12th in my country. I would be very happy if you could make it to the event.

Let me give you some details about the festival. Every year, the local government of Victoria organizes this magnificent festival where many people including, both players and spectators participate from across the globe. It is a 4-day long event followed a delightful closing ceremony. The festival consists of many exciting games such as javelin throw, rowing, badminton, swimming and many more. The high influx of visitors and spectators from around the world makes the festival very vibrant and colorful. It provides opportunities to experience the exotic environment and meet new people.

I can pick you up from the airport and of course, you can stay over at my place. We can do many more exciting things aside from the festival. Remember our shared dream of surfing in the Atlantic Ocean? We can make it come true this time when you would visit here. We can spend the evening at the dancing fountains and have dinner under the shining stars. We can plan to explore the country side and the highlands. I assure you that this is going to be a wonderful experience of our lives. Just let me know if you are interested so that I can make prior arrangements.

Take care, and write back soon,
Owais
Owais

Re: Evaluation of Writing Task 1

Post by Owais »

??
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Evaluation of Writing Task 1

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Owais,