Please evaluate my writing task 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
prinks056

Please evaluate my writing task 1

Post by prinks056 »

The chart compares the three age groups of the Yemeni and Italian citizen in 2000 and their projections for 2050.
To begin with, younger children below 14 years accounted for half of the population of Yemen in 2000, while in Italy it was only 14.3%for the same age group. However, a very small percentage of population (3.6%) in Yemen was above 60 years. During the same period, the age group between 15 and 59 years constituted 61.6% of Italian citizen. In general, younger children below 14 years and the adults (15-59 years) constituted the most of Yemen and Italy population respectively in 2000.

It is clearly evident that by 2050, the age group between 15 and 59 years will surge by 11% in Yemen, while the percentage is expected to decline to 46.2% in case of Italy. Around 43% of Italian citizens will be above 60 years. 37% of population of Yemen is expected to be below 14 years.

Overall, the age group between 15 and 59 years will constitute the highest percentage of population of Yemen and Italy in 2050.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1448 times
Teacher

Re: Please evaluate my writing task 1

Post by Teacher »

Dear Prinks

The charts are comparing two countries by population in three age groups. In Yemen in 2000, half the population was under 15; while in Italy it was less than 15%. Those between 15 and 59 years of age formed nearly half the population, whereas in Italy they made up two thirds. One of the most striking differences is in the oldest section of the population. In Italy they accounted for almost a quarter of the total, although in Yemen, they represented less than 4%. In terms of the projection, in Yemen, there is expected to be a reduction in children under 14 and an increase in those of working age, although the change to those over 60 will probably be very slight at around 2%. In Italy, on the other hand, the change is significant (even alarming) since fewer babies are expected to be born, and the working age population will fall, so that more than 40% of the population will be over 60. It is true that the biggest groups in both countries will still be the 15-59 year-olds, but I think the point of the chart is the difference in ageing populations, so you could highlight that.

Overall, this is a good report – just be careful about silly errors in subject-verb agreement (single subject=single verb, plural verb=plural subject) and use of the definite article (the).

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
Teacher Jill
prinks056

Post by prinks056 »

Thanks a lot.How much would you grade me?
Teacher

Post by Teacher »

Hi Prinks
6.5 - you need to have 'frequent error free sentences' and use 'less common lexical items' (vocabulary) well to get 7 in LR and GRA.
Keep at it!
Kind regards
Teacher Jill