Can someone please review my Essay: 05-OCT

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
shoaibyounis

Can someone please review my Essay: 05-OCT

Post by shoaibyounis »

Topic:

In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.
What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

Response:

Increase in the rate of obesity among people has greatly impacted their health and fitness. It has resulted in multiple physical problems like high blood pressure, sugar and increased level of cholesterol. Inappropriate diet and misuse of technology are two major causes of overweight. Steps like awareness sessions and increased physical activities can contribute in keeping a check on one’s increasing weight scale. Both these aspects will be discussed in detail.

Food intake plays a major part in controlling the metabolism of the body. Healthy diet like fruits, vegetables and controlled use of meat can ensure a healthy and balanced life. On the other hand junk and unhygienic can be a nightmare for our body. For instance, fast food chains are acting as a catalyst in destroying people’s health. Apart from food, misuse of technology us further exploiting the problem. Children tend to sit more in front of television watching cartoons or playing video games instead of going to the parks and play areas. Hence, increase in waist line increases at a very younger age.

I believe that awareness sessions and increased physical activities can contribute in the resolution of this problem. People should be guided to keep a regular check on their weight and necessary actions can be taken accordingly. Similarly, increased physical activities can play a major role towards maintaining a healthy life style. A morning walk or regular exercise can ensure this.

After analyzing both point of views, it can be seen that over weight is becoming a serious concern and can be controlled if taken care of properly. It is advisable that government should provide subsidy on fruits and vegetables to ensure people are encouraged to buy them and maintain a healthy life style.