IELTS February 27, 2014 SPEAKING Melbourne

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
vash23

IELTS February 27, 2014 SPEAKING Melbourne

Post by vash23 »

Hi Ryan. I just want to share my speaking topics that I had this morning.
i feel that i have done a good job answering these questions. Although i know that examiners are trained to smile and be comfortable with the examinees, however my examiner tends to smile the whole time and laugh with me whenever i answer his questions with personal experiences and ideas. Should i be worried? And honestly, i had a moment of pause for about two seconds in answering part 3.

Part 1: The usual questions about yourself

Part 2: Tell about a popular product ( food, clothes, etc) from your region where you came from.
What is that product?
Where can people buy that product?
Who buys that product?
Why is it popular?

Part 3:
In your country, why do you think that there are certain products of each regions?
Are there products that come from other countries?
Which countries are they coming from?
why do people like to wear branded clothes?
Why do you think that those branded clothes popular?
Do people think of the quality of the clothes over the brand?
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: IELTS February 27, 2014 SPEAKING Melbourne

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

vash23 wrote:Hi Ryan. I just want to share my speaking topics that I had this morning.
i feel that i have done a good job answering these questions. Although i know that examiners are trained to smile and be comfortable with the examinees, however my examiner tends to smile the whole time and laugh with me whenever i answer his questions with personal experiences and ideas. Should i be worried? And honestly, i had a moment of pause for about two seconds in answering part 3.

Part 2: Tell about a popular product ( food, clothes, etc) from your region where you came from.
What is that product?
Who buys that product?
Why is it popular?

Part 3:
In your country, why do you think that there are certain products of each regions?
Let is know your grade :-).
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Ryan

Re: IELTS February 27, 2014 SPEAKING Melbourne

Post by Ryan »

vash23 wrote:Hi Ryan. I just want to share my speaking topics that I had this morning.

What is that product?
Who buys that product?
Why is it popular?

Part 3:
Thanks for sharing, Vash. I wouldn't worry. It sounds as though apart from the smiley examiner and the pause, you feel pretty confident about your performance. Regarding the pause, I suppose it depends how unnatural it was. Native speakers of any language pause to collect their thoughts, so you wouldn't lose marks if your delivery had a bit of this.