Please comment and rate my Writing of GT 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rishi2508

Please comment and rate my Writing of GT 1

Post by rishi2508 »

Question:
One of your penfriends is going to emigrate to Australia in a few months. They want to improve their English before they leave and have asked for your advice.
Write a letter to your penfriend and give them advice on how to improve their speaking, listening and vocabulary.

Answer:
Dear Dev,
Thanks for your letter. I think you have reached the right person to advice you on improving English. As I have done many courses on the language, would be able to help you out. All the three sections which you have mentioned are equally important.

To begin with, vocabulary is the part which cannot be improved overnight. So, my advice to you is to start right away practicing newer words in your routine conversation. If I were you, I would have kept flashcards for different words, to get more familiar to it.

Secondly, listening is what requires a lot of concentration. I would want you to start listening to English news channels on TV and radio. However, to keep things interesting you can also watch some English movies.

Lastly, speaking can only be improved by practicing. My advice to you is to only adopt English language as your communication medium for next few months. You should also listen to your recordings in order to better it.

I strongly feel that the suggestion would be of help. However, for any more advice, just drop me a line.

All the best!