Writing task II: please evaluate my work

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
blacxx

Writing task II: please evaluate my work

Post by blacxx »

One of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expectancy is increasing.
Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Humankind has successfully developed medical care, including more effective medicines with less negative effects and improvements on medical technology. Therefore, the distinct outcome is that people are able to live longer as well as average age, or life expectancy, is increasing. It is debatable whether there are more advantages than disadvantages. The reasons given in this essay may prove that the improvement has more disadvantages.

Firstly, if human can live longer, it means that the proportion of senior citizen may be the highest. The most significant drawback of the outcome is that insufficient labors will possibly occur. In other words, the huge numbers of senior citizen may not be hired to work in most workplaces, which could probably negatively affect a country’s economy.

In addition, living longer and increasing life expectancy will contribute to more population, whereas, the global resources, including food and land, are lessen. As it has been well aware that food resources are decreasing, with more population will cause even more severe situation.

In conclusion, although it’s a pleasure for most people in the world to live longer for any reasons. In order to see their descendants’ growth, for example, is reasonable to be able to spend the valuable life longer. However, there are plenty of disadvantages of living longer and increasing of life expectancy as a result from the development of medical care in the world nowadays.

I am looking forward to seeing my scores in the IELTS band (0-9) and hearing some comments :)
blacxx

Re: Writing task II: please evaluate my work

Post by blacxx »

Please :) :)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Writing task II: please evaluate my work

Post by Flick »

blacxx wrote:One of the consequences of improved medical care is that people are living longer and life expectancy is increasing.
Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?

Humankind has successfully developed medical care, including more effective medicines with fewer negative effects and improvements in medical technology. Therefore, the distinct outcome is that people are able to live longer as well as average age, or life expectancy, is increasing.(<--This is saying the same thing twice - people are living longer is the same as average age increasing.) It is debatable whether there are more advantages than disadvantages. The reasons given in this essay may prove that the improvement has more disadvantages.

Firstly, if humans can live longer, it means that the proportion of senior citizens is higher than ever. The most significant drawback of this outcome is that insufficient numbers of workers will possibly occur. In other words, the huge number of senior citizens may not be hired to work in most workplaces, which could negatively affect a country’s economy.

In addition, living longer will contribute to a larger population, and so global resources, including food and land, will be spread over more people. As food resources are decreasing, with a greater population, this will cause an even more severe situation.

In conclusion, it’s a pleasure for most people in the world to live longer, in order to see their descendants’ growth, for example. However, there are plenty of disadvantages of living longer as a result of the development of medical care in the world nowadays.

I am looking forward to seeing my scores in the IELTS band (0-9) and hearing some comments :)