Hi

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Ahmedelfeel

Hi

Post by Ahmedelfeel »

Hello,

I'm Ahmed from Egypt. I have got accepted at Indiana university Robert H McKinney law school. They need score of 6.5 on IELTS or 81 of TOEFL. I'm confused I don't know which one is good for me. I tend to take IELTS. I think my English level is intermediate. I didn't schedule specific date for exam but I have to finish it in next 2 months.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Hi

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Ahmedelfeel wrote:Hello,

I'm Ahmed from Egypt. I have got accepted at Indiana university Robert H McKinney law school. They need score of 6.5 on IELTS or 81 of TOEFL. I'm confused I don't know which one is good for me. I tend to take IELTS. I think my English level is intermediate. I didn't schedule specific date for exam but I have to finish it in next 2 months.
Hello Ahmed,

Here is a comparison page I found, for scores: http://www.examenglish.com/examscomparison.php - I am not sure how up-to-date it is.

One thing to remember about the IELTS, is that normally it requires handwriting, whilst as I understand the TOEFL may be possible to do 100% on a computer - also, there is quite a lot of free information online for the IELTS - however remember that many do not pass the IELTS the first (second/third... etc.) time.

All the best,

Philip
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"