IELTS score slightly low

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
kikimorisko

IELTS score slightly low

Post by kikimorisko »

Hello everyone,

I have already got my results- overall 6,5-reading 6, speaking 7,5, listening 6, writing 5,5, but my university requires 6 in each section. Do you think they still can accept me despit of my low score in writin or should I resit the test? Has anybody had this experience?

Thanks for the answer.

Best Wishes.
K.
bas

Re: IELTS score slightly low

Post by bas »

I doubt they would accept you with that 5.5 writing score, I am sure they are very strict about that. You have a few options; you can apply for a regrade on your previous test or you can retake the exam.

Applying for a regrade costs money, but it will be refunded if they change your score. I believe it takes about six weeks to regrade and you have to do it within a few weeks of taking it.

If you retake the exam, I would recommend buying Ryan's writing task ebooks. They can help you increase your task achievement and coherence and cohesion band scores. The ebooks are very cheap as well. As far as lexical resources and grammar, I am not too sure what are good resources to increase your band scores. Hopefully you find something to help you prepare if you sit the exam again.
kikimorisko

Post by kikimorisko »

Hi,

thanks for your advice :) At least I know what I have to improve :) practice practice practice...
;)
dental

Post by dental »

kikimorisko wrote:Hello everyone,

I have already got my results- overall 6,5-reading 6, speaking 7,5, listening 6, writing 5,5, but my university requires 6 in each section. Do you think they still can accept me despit of my low score in writin or should I resit the test? Has anybody had this experience?

Thanks for the answer.

Best Wishes.
K.
Hey, where are you from? It depends on your nationality and school policy. They may accept your score.
Your ielts result is actually good. I didnt get each 6(because of listening, other section above 6), but the admission requirement is each 6. However, my school accept me. You should ask it to your school in directly.
Did you study in English before? If you do, they might not care your ielts score...