Please assess my Speaking (Need 8 Bands, already have 7)

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
IndianHarry

Please assess my Speaking (Need 8 Bands, already have 7)

Post by IndianHarry »

Attachments
Mar 25, 7.55 PM.mp3
(10.06 MiB) Downloaded 812 times
Harry Singh Sra
Skype - harry.5abi
Bekhruz

Re: Please assess my Speaking (Need 8 Bands, already have 7)

Post by Bekhruz »

i couldnt get whole type . 1 mb downloaded!
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Some nice vocabulary.

Link speech a bit more - maybe a bit "staccato" sometimes: "https://www.englishclub.com/pronunciation/linking.htm" and also slightly "monotone".

Some grammar issues:

"in THE case of..."
"go to THE cinema..."
"quite a lot (not "much")"
"one of the Sundays" = "it was a Sunday"
"call him out" = "calling to him"
"going to school" - not "the school", when not intially mentioned
"The Western part"

Maybe issues with articles: "http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... ommodation".

Part 2 reponse was over 2 minutes?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hello, IndianHarry,

Thanks for sharing your recording with us.
First, I’d like to echo OnlineEnglishTeacher and say that your vocabulary was great. I heard “relentlessly nudging,” “technophile,” “technophobes,” “pertains,” and many other great words. I also heard a couple of idioms, such as “an expert in that department.”

You generally had good organization in your answers, such as when you began by saying something like, “I should start of by saying that. . .” You use conclusions at times to complete your answers as well. Your stories were told in sequential order, so they were easy to understand. I would suggest that you perhaps incorporate some more transitions to move from piece to piece of each story, however.

I will agree with OnlineEnglishTeacher that you sound a bit “staccato” at times, and that you could work on linking your words together to sound more fluid. Using contractions more often could help as well. This video may help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guIJ3vl5rj8

Your pronunciation is usually quite good, but I would suggest that you work on the “th” sound as you often say “t.”

At times, you repeat words and phrases, such as “in that department.” The word you repeated the most throughout each part is “basically.” Work on reducing the number of times you say that word. It can be distracting for the listener.

Another thought is that when you were describing the festivals, you ran out of adjectives to describe it, so you just ended it abruptly. Be careful about doing that.
Here are a few other notes, some of which I’m saying the same things OnlineEnglishTeacher did:

Regarding some mechanical thing – regarding some mechanical THINGS
Choosy in case of buying gadgets – choosy in THE case of buying gadgets
The reason I don’t like to go to cinema – The reason I don’t like to go to THE cinema
Enjoy documentaries quite much – enjoy documentaries A LOT
The doctors basically told that – The doctors SAID that
Tired of going to the school – tired of going to SCHOOL (no article before “school”)
Sacrifices they did in the past – sacrifices they MADE in the past

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
IndianHarry

Post by IndianHarry »

lmoore wrote:Hello, IndianHarry,

Thanks for sharing your recording with us.
First, I’d like to ...........they MADE in the past

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
So much thanks for taking the time. These suggestion are invaluable. I hope you can also take look at the most recent one I posted. I have tried working on the intonation, pronunciation part.
Harry Singh Sra
Skype - harry.5abi