Help assess my speaking, please

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
Femi

Help assess my speaking, please

Post by Femi »

Hi, everyone. I would appreciate your comments on my speaking. I have uploaded my responses to questions for Part 1 of a sample test.
Thanks!

Part 1 Questions
I’d just like to ask you some questions about your work.
1. What job do you do?
2. Why did you choose that particular job?
3. What do you do every day?
4. What other work would you consider doing?

I’d like to move on and ask you some questions about relaxing.
1. What type of activities help you relax?
2. Do you like to do these activities alone or with other people?
3. Why do you think it is important for people to relax?
4. Do you think people have enough time for relaxing?

Let’s change the topic and talk about your family.
1. Do you have a big or a small family?
2. Do you live together or nearby?
3. What activities do you like to do together?
4. Who is your favourite family member?
Attachments
Part 1 Speaking Test.mp3
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 469 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Help assess my speaking, please

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Femi,
Thank you for uploading your sample Part I. I don’t think you’re going to have any problem getting the score that you want. You were very easy to understand, stayed on topic, and provided good examples. Your vocabulary is fantastic, and your pronunciation is awesome. Given your accent, I am going to assume that you grew up from a young age speaking English.

Here are a few notes to perhaps help you take your level up another notch or two. First, you are quite fluent, but I would encourage you to speak a bit faster. I am going to guess that you naturally speak in a thoughtful way, which is great. However, at times it kind of sounded a bit disjointed. Your pauses were in the middle of sentences from time to time, for example.

Regarding your vocabulary, it is at a very high level. I heard words like remuneration, solitude, drains (as it relates to energy draining from a person), and replenishes.

Additionally, you used good transitions that helped to link your ideas, creating nice cohesion. You illustrated your points briefly with short examples and stayed on topic.

Finally, I would say that you should be careful with verb tenses as you speak. Once or twice, you said, “I choose” when you should have said “I chose.” The choice you made was in the past tense. The rest of the verbs in the sentence were in the past tense, and “to choose” should have been as well.

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
saqibali

Post by saqibali »

I am not looking for speaking partner but I can give you some time and volunteer to help you.
Limited free classes and unlimited best IELTS material at below link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IELTS-No ... 3123916148
Farhan

Post by Farhan »

Skype nam ::: farhanshekh3