In many countries tourism is a major part of the economy.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
tarak23

In many countries tourism is a major part of the economy.

Post by tarak23 »

In many countries tourism is a major part of the economy, but it also causes environmental damage and ruins the places it exploits. It is argued that tourists should pay an additional tax to compensate for this damage.

Over the past few decades, majority of countries economy have been mostly depending on tourism sector. Currently, some people argue that government should implement higher taxes on tourists if they are contaminating the environment. While tourism is related to environment damage, I believe higher authorities should not ask for additional tax due to various reasons.

There are obvious reasons for not implementing extra tax on tourists. The first notable one is that tourism plays a vital role to maintain the any country’s economy. Travellers are already paying heaps for airfares and accommodation and if government expect them to pay taxes then in future they will consider another country to travel. As a result, country’s economy will get severely affected. Secondly, employment rate will start to fall as people have discontinued visiting the region. As many people are not coming to visit, there is no need for shoppers and workers. In some parts of India, the same situation is happening and it has created big hole in the economy of the country.

Despite these reasons, there are others who argue that additional tax is necessary to compensate the damages. They believe, visitors need to pay extra funds if they are responsible for making harm to the historical places. Therefore, it will prevent them to ruin the places which I believe is not essential. Increasing awareness and security can prevent them to make mess.

In conclusion, although additional tax can possibly stop travellers to vandalise the place, I believe by installing CCTV cameras, organise more security guards and spreading awareness is the best way to block the further harm to nature of the tourist places.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: In many countries tourism is a major part of the economy

Post by Flick »

tarak23 wrote:In many countries tourism is a major part of the economy, but it also causes environmental damage and ruins the places it exploits. It is argued that tourists should pay an additional tax to compensate for this damage.

Over the past few decades, majority of countries economy have been mostly depending on tourism sector.(<--Reword to: "Recently, the economies of many countries has relied on the tourism sector.") Currently, some people argue that governments should implement higher taxes on tourists if they are contaminating the environment. While tourism is related to environment damage, I believe higher authorities should not ask for additional tax due to various reasons.

There are obvious reasons for not implementing extra tax on tourists. The most notable is that tourism plays a vital role in maintaining the country’s economy. Travellers are already paying a lot of money for airfares and accommodation, and if the government expects them to pay taxes, then in future they will consider visiting other countries instead. As a result, the country’s economy will be severely affected. Secondly, employment rates will fall as people discontinue visiting the region. As people are not coming to visit, there is no need for shop and workers. In some parts of India, the same situation is happening and it has created a big hole in the economy of the country.

Despite these reasons, there are others who argue that additional tax is necessary to compensate for the damages. They believe visitors need to pay extra fees if they are responsible for causing harm to historical places. Therefore, it will prevent them from ruining the places which I believe is not essential. Increasing awareness and security can prevent them from damaging property.

In conclusion, although additional tax can possibly stop travellers from vandalising the place, I believe by installing CCTV cameras, organising more security guards and spreading awareness is the best way to block further harm to tourist destinations.