IELTS Writing Tasks Word Count

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
rimz_adi

IELTS Writing Tasks Word Count

Post by rimz_adi »

Hi, I'm giving IELTS Academic exam on 28February. I had a question about the writing tasks. Are all words counted in the word count for Task 1 and Task 2. Or only the words with four letter or more are counted.
A friend of my told me that the words or letter such as " a, I, the, of, to, in, not, etc" are not counted in the word count.
Can someone please clarify this for me? I would really appreciate your help.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: IELTS Writing Tasks Word Count

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

rimz_adi wrote:Hi, I'm giving IELTS Academic exam on 28February. I had a question about the writing tasks. Are all words counted in the word count for Task 1 and Task 2. Or only the words with four letter or more are counted.
A friend of my told me that the words or letter such as " a, I, the, of, to, in, not, etc" are not counted in the word count.
Can someone please clarify this for me? I would really appreciate your help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2bZgx7gAt0
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
rimz_adi

Post by rimz_adi »

Ummmm.... Thank you...
Last edited by rimz_adi on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

NA

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

NA
Last edited by OnlineEnglishTeacher on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
rimz_adi

Post by rimz_adi »

Yes, thank you so much. you solved a huge problem I was facing in the writing section.
thurac

Post by thurac »

every one single word is counted, except those in chunk copy