Hi friend -Winter Topic

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
PrasadAnumolu

Hi friend -Winter Topic

Post by PrasadAnumolu »

Hi friends ..tell me mistakes and how it is ?
Attachments
winter.mp3
(554.73 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Hi friend -Winter Topic

Post by lmoore »

Hi, PrasadAnumolu,

Thank you for sharing about your favorite season.
One of the main things I notice about this speech are that you repeat a lot of your vocabulary. You say climate, cool, festival, and season several times. It would probably be a good idea to develop a list of synonyms to prevent this occurring during your test. For example, you might say weather instead of climate. Climate actually refers to how the weather is during the year.
Also, there is little organization in your speech. I did not hear any transitions to connect your ideas. Going from the winter being cool to the festival was difficult for me as the listener to follow. You should use an introduction and conclusion to make it easier to understand. You might say for the introduction, for instance, “I am going to talk about my favorite season. I really enjoy winter for three reasons. First, I like it because the weather is so cool. I love being outside and doing outdoor activities like skiing during the winter. Additionally, . . .”

Here are some other notes:
it’s very cool climate – it is A very cool climate
absolutely a lot of cool climate – While absolutely is a good word to use, you used it incorrectly. It means without restriction, or completely. An example sentence for this word might be, “I absolutely love outdoor activities in the winter.” “There is absolutely no reason to like summer.”
basically I’m living in. . . – Basically is also used incorrectly. It means essentially. You might use it as in this sentence, “Basically, I think that winter is great because it is so pleasant to be outside in the cool weather. Where I live in. . ., it is so hot during the rest of the year.
one festival is that – You weren’t talking about other festivals here, so this phrase doesn’t make much sense in the context of your speech. If I missed that you said that there are several festivals that take place during the winter, I apologize.
three days festival – a three-day-long festival
43 degrees is cool? Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
PrasadAnumolu

Re: Hi friend -Winter Topic

Post by PrasadAnumolu »

thank you very much ..immore ...