why I am a dentist.mp3
(907.79 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Rasha,
In this recording your vocabulary again stands out as being one of your strong points, such as when you said “passionate,” “keen,” and “up-to-date clinical research.” These very specific terms will help you get the score you want on the IELTS.
Additionally, you used transition expression to help the listener follow your train of thought. One example is when you said, “Another thing.” Although used often in speech, you might consider being more specific than the word “thing.” For instance, you might have said, “Another reason.” One idea that occurs to me somewhat related to organization is your ability or willingness to speak for an extended period of time. Your answers to this and the previous introduction recording I listened to were quite short. While you provide excellent, specific examples, I would encourage you to elaborate a bit more, perhaps for this question discussing how these reasons you became a dentist affected your later career. Did you have a patient who was effusive in thanks because she finally had the confidence to smile in photographs for the first time like a Hollywood actress?
Regarding pronunciation, you were quite easy to understand, but the word “biology,” is not pronounced “beeology,” but instead, “byeology,” with a long “I,” as in “hike.”
Finally, grammar, particularly verb tenses, are areas to improve. While you demonstrate basic knowledge of a wide variety of tenses, you often do not use them consistently or correctly. Here are some notes:
-If I were to asked why I choose dentistry – This should be, “If I were asked why I chose dentistry. . .”
-she has a bright smile – She had a bright smile.
-When I look at Hollywood actors, I was so attracted to the way their teeth would look – When I looked at Hollywood actors, I was so attracted to the way their teeth would look. (Keep it all in the past tense.)
-How can make the smile looks better? – I would ask myself, “How can I make the smile look better?” or “How could I make the smile look better?”
-passionate for up-to-date research and clinical discoveries – passionate about. . .

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
rasha

Re: Is this acceptable?

Post by rasha »

:) so happy that you have evaluated my recording , thanks and i will work on my weaknesses