Please give me recommend for beginning recording

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
thuanbui

Please give me recommend for beginning recording

Post by thuanbui »

Part 1: topic: where you live
Part 2: Describe someone who is famous in your country.
You should say: 1. Who the person is
2. Why sh/he is famous
3. Why you admire this person and 4. What you would di if you met this person.
Attachments
speaking ielts.mp3
(8.93 MiB) Downloaded 240 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Please give me recommend for beginning recording

Post by lmoore »

Dear Thuanbui,
Thank you for sharing your recording with us.

First, I would say that you have a good grasp of vocabulary. You used specific and sophisticated vocabulary, like detest, modified, municipality, industrial waste, and environmental management. At times, you had a difficult time finding the vocabulary you needed, like when you said, “relaxive,” which should have been “relaxing.” Another example of this is when you said, “to bring them lucky for the whole next year.” This phrase should have used the word “lucky.”

Next, your organization was, in general, quite strong. I heard many transition phrases, like, “in addition to this,” “moving on to,” and “not only in. . ., but also in . . .” You also had nice introductory clauses, such as, “I would have to say that.”

Additionally, you showed knowledge of more complex grammatical structures, such as when you used, “not only in. . ., but also in. . .” You also made some mistakes with subject/verb agreement, such as when you said, “you need to knows,” (you need to KNOW). Here are some other grammatical errors:
- “around a thousand year” (around a thousand YEARS)
- “it lie on the highest story” (it is on the highest story/it is on the top floor/it is on the top story/it is situated on the top/highest floor/story)
-if I could modified about my hometown (if I could change my hometown/if I could modify my hometown)
-every children (every CHILD)
Finally, your pronunciation is, I believe, the area most in need of improvement. It is quite difficult to understand you most of the time. You speak very slowly, but your words are not clear. Some particular words I noted that were pronounced incorrectly were “honest,” and “Asia.” “Honest” is pronounced with a silent “h,” and “Asia” is pronounced “Aizhyuh,” not “Ahseeuh.”
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
thuanbui

Post by thuanbui »

Thank you so much! I'm very appreciated. In the next speaking record may be you hepl me more and more than that. Actually, i'm really trounble with pronunciation. I usually wake up early morning to record my voice sounds, it''s about 1 week. it seems very struggling to change and make it perfectable voice. i thought that speaking could naturally, fluently and logically never appear behind me. :((;((
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Listening to a lot of English, like on the BBC's Learning English website, or that of Voice of America, could help you. Listen to a short section of a news story, then read the transcript out loud. Record yourself, then play it back so you can compare it to the news story audio. Don't give up!
thuanbui

Post by thuanbui »

please me again. I hope that this time may be better than the first time.
Attachments
speaking 2.mp3
(10.42 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Thuanbui,

Thank you for sharing your newest recording! I admire your perseverance and willingness to share your speaking practices.

This time around, your pronunciation was a bit clearer than the first one I listened to, but I really want to encourage you to spend your time focusing on pronunciation as you prepare for the speaking part of the IELTS. The letter “s” often is not pronounced when you speak, and neither is “ch.” “L” can also be a problem for you.

You used really nice introductory phrases and transitions, like, “personally,” “firstly,” etc. You answered questions directly and to the point. Additionally, your vocabulary was good. I heard “wracked my brains,” “feel under pressure,” “apple of my eyes” (which should be apple of my eye, not eyes), “stumped,” “subsequently,” “mitigate,” and “indispensable.”

Here are some grammar/vocabulary points:

I often cooking with my mother – I often cook with my mother – simple present tense because this is a habit
-The last meal I cooks was – cooked
-Home cooked foods is – Home cooked foods are/Home cooked food is
-vocation is listening to music – I think you meant hobby. Vocation is your job.
-feel under pressure – felt under pressure
-I become/becames. . .-I became
-I enjoys listening to music – I enjoy listening to music
-to wind down – We pronounce “wind” in this phrase as a long “I,” as in the word “side,” not as in “hit.” When it is a short “I,” like in “hit,” the word is “wind,” as in, “The wind blows.”

thuanbui

Post by thuanbui »

Dear Mrs/Miss Imoose,
I am very appreciate to supporting me for speaking skill. Actually, i must to work flat out, so the time spend on speaking has been limited despite the fact that i'm try alot. Thanks for your advice, i will take a genius IELTS exam on 10th January 2015. It is hard to improve more and more. In the times, i send also new recording of part 2. please, help me check carefully. Thank you very much
Attachments
s3.mp3
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Hello, again,

The quality of the recording made it rather difficult to understand what you were saying much of the time. In addition, pronunciation is a major issue through which you should work. I'm going to suggest that you work through one of these online pronunciation courses before your IELTS exam in January.

http://www.manythings.org/pp/
https://www.englishclub.com/pronunciation/

This is going to improve your score more than anything, in my opinion.

You had some good introductory expressions, like, "I'm gonna," and "I suppose." On the other hand, there were times when you used the incorrect verb with a particular subject. You often use the incorrect verb for the third person singular, for example.