IELTS READING RESOURCES PLEASEEE!!!!! IT'S KILLING MEE!!! :(

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Robeena

IELTS READING RESOURCES PLEASEEE!!!!! IT'S KILLING MEE!!! :(

Post by Robeena »

Hi Everyone!!,

At first I thought that listening is hard but it was the easiest!.... the hardest one is READING!!! and I really suck in it!!!!! :( i really need some free websites that has bunch of reading test samples and questions etc etc and self-cheking your mqrks etc !!!!! Please help me!! It's like a nightmare for me!!.... I'm gonna take my 2nd IELTS test ! I really wanna improve my reading!.... you will almost save my life me if you help! :(
fledgling

Re: IELTS READING RESOURCES PLEASEEE!!!!! IT'S KILLING MEE!!

Post by fledgling »

I am naive about this as I am preparing for my first IELTS test come December. I have come across one website which I think may be useful to you - www.aehelp.com. You will find a lot of videos on different parts of the test which can be downloaded using youtube downloader with high resolution (e.g. YTdownloader) and be played at a later time. The videos show an instructor explaining and teaching about the tests. I believe you can find a lot of sample questions for practice as well. Good luck to us.

Banji.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: IELTS READING RESOURCES PLEASEEE!!!!! IT'S KILLING MEE!!

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Here is a tip I made about the reading on my free website: http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... s-strategy.

IELTS Reading Text Analysis Strategy

1. A key issue for the IELTS is, especially for the Academic perhaps, there is limited time to read the text, check the questions and refer to the text again - it is only possible to read once sometimes.

2. What is the solution? Clearly, you cannot read approximately 2,500-3000 words twice during the exam, without much difficulty perhaps.

3. You need to have a system, which allows you to quickly analyse the text and answer the questions and here is a suggestion for that – if you have improvements, please let us know.

4. First of all, try to underline the key words/phrases AND make a short summary next to each paragraph.

5. The first question, what are the key words/phrases? Key words can be nouns,, verbs, adjectives, adverbs and negative axuiliaries etc.. You can find out some information about these at the following link: "https://www.englishclub.com/pronunciati ... -rules.htm" - not all will be important. For each situation, you will have to make a decision and underline them in the text.

6. Also, make sure to look at the title of the page, to try and get an idea of what the topic is about.

7. Next, make a short summary next to each paragraph for a few words, such as the following graphic.

IELTS Reading Analysis Stragey

http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/ima ... ding.png
8. Now, when you need to, for example match a question with a paragraph, you might not have to read through everything again.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"