Pleaseeeeee everyone reply!!! I need listening help!!!!!! :(

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Robeena

Pleaseeeeee everyone reply!!! I need listening help!!!!!! :(

Post by Robeena »

Hi everyone!!

I'm almost going to have a IELTS listening test phobia!!! Lol, but seriously I'm so hellingly scared of Ielts listening test because I am not used to British accent at all!!! :cry: !!! It is because I've always used American because of the movies etc and all. On my first time I scored 5.5 in listening but I want to get at least 6.5 or 7!!!!! Please does anyone know any website from which I can download or play British movie audios or any long duration audios from which I can get benefit for my IELTS and understanding British accent more!... I just want to practice listening a lot instead of testing myself continuously which makes me frustrated and have me down!!! Please help!!!!!
chivalrouspal

Re: Pleaseeeeee everyone reply!!! I need listening help!!!!!

Post by chivalrouspal »

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Robeena :)

I did my 1st IELTS back in 2012 and in a course i was having the instructor was calming us saying that i nthe beggining you are going to get very bad scores.
and yes i think british accent is inflated but can we do its the Native tongue. and i actually think at times that i enjoy speaking the British way and try getting used to it.
anyway i was so scared of listening above all and guess what i got 8.5 listening , 7.5 reading, 7 speaking, 6.5 writing (i didn`t prepare well and i did a very silly mistake in writing that i realized after the exam) that was the academic version of the test though.
Im now going again to get 4X 7,0 in each module in the 1st of november. practice while relaxing is the best way to do it and even get higher than you might expect

good luck
Nabil
Robeena

Post by Robeena »

Yeah True Nabil!!!. The 1st try is always bad cuz we dunno what things we need to improve in etc etc, I got 5.5 total band score in IELTS on my first time and now will do for the 2nd time.... my fear from the listening has gone since I tried my first listening sample test I did and I got 6.5 in it! :) just 3 marks less than 7... it was very easy and enjoyable.... the reason why I got a lowed score before was cuz I messed up everything n didn't catch them at all so I lost where I am etc... now I'm not afraid at all... cuz I know that 5.5 don't not actually represent my qualities... it's too low.... if I get 6 it will be soo awesome cuz I need 6 for university sponsorship but I wanna try to get at least 7 .... I'll try my best... hope that I'll have my goal done!.... I can do way better n I'm practicing everyday...
Aadbir Singh

Post by Aadbir Singh »

Start listning English rap songs. I listen to eminem and read lyrics alongside it really helps.

Hope it helps you also.
Robeena

Post by Robeena »

Thanks Aadbir and Nabil!!!.... :) ..
Sohan_Patel

Post by Sohan_Patel »

To Robeena,

You should watch videos on youtube rather than watching just American shows and movies.
Just Search for your favorite topic on youtube in English. When you've watched videos, more videos will be automatically suggested to you by youtube and just listen it.

I think this is a good way to practice listening English since the technique does have mixture of all accents.
Robeena

Post by Robeena »

Thanks Sohan for the suggestion!!! Appreciate it !! :) :)