Writing task 2

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
pop4ti

Writing task 2

Post by pop4ti »

Hi

Is it okay to provide unreal evidence or statistics to support my opinion(in case i dont have a background about the given topic)? Are the IELTS examiners checking the information that everyone writes in the exam?

Thank you,
chans0212

Re: Writing task 2

Post by chans0212 »

Hi Narinder hope you will be doing great ..my name is prof. chandan singh
iam working as ielts examiner ..if you are looking for good band score pls let
me know ..i also provide online training in india and overseas through
skype.
my skype id is- chans0212
email- chandan@careerenglish.in

www.careerenglish.in
+91-9999552959
prof. chandan singh (IELTS Trainer in british council and celta certified
from Newyork having experience of 10 yrs )
GET ASSURED GOOD BANDS IN IELTS THROUGH GOOD PREPARATION
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Writing task 2

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

pop4ti wrote:Hi

Is it okay to provide unreal evidence or statistics to support my opinion(in case i dont have a background about the given topic)? Are the IELTS examiners checking the information that everyone writes in the exam?

Thank you,
To my mind, that would not be necessary most likely - the questions are usually/always fairly general.

Here is an article I wrote about making ideas for the task 2 writing: http://www.onlineenglishteacher.org/stu ... sk-2-essay.

How To Make Ideas For The IELTS Task 2 Essay?

1. First of all make synonmys of the key essay vocabulary, such as nouns / verbs etc..

2. Be clear what the question is asking. For instance, if it is saying the advantages and disadvantages of computers, then try to give a balanced opinion covering both opinions.

3. Think of how it needs to be answered.

4. For example, if you have a question about the pros and cons of cars, then think for a short time about what are some obvious positives and negatives.

5. For example, if you have a question like: "What are the pros and cons of car usage in the world today?", then you could make 2 pros and 2 cons.

6. For instance, you could say that the pros are easy access and assistance for carrying goods. Then the cons could be pollution and car crashes.

7. Then for your answer, you can write an intro, then in the second paragraph talk about the 2 pros and some examples. For instance, for the introduction, you could write:

"Regarding the positive aspects of car usage, we can note that a key aspect is for ease of travel. An illustration of that, is when people need to travel to their job in the early morning. Moreover, it is apparent that cars allow one to transport many more things than other options. This can be demonstrated by how a car could travel with a large amount of shopping, as compared to walking."

8. The third paragraph could be the two cons and two examples and in the final conclusion, you would summarise what has been said and state your opinion and talk about the future.

9. Thinking of data to write about may be very simple - in fact a school child could easily have an opinion on what is good and bad about using cars.

10. To my mind, I think that it is not so much what ideas you say, as opposed to how you say it. You can have simple ideas and say them in an advanced and complex way and try to pass on that basis.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"