IELTS Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
reflector

IELTS Task 2

Post by reflector »

Hi friends and Ryan I hope you comment on the topic i have touched - I didn't really care about the word counts it was just a practice to bring some ideas into head and write them down - want to listen from all of you - what band you think i can get by such essays?

Task 2: A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material
possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem
important. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.

My Answer...

In this era of science and technology and the world with more materialistic depictions one can naturally be allured to the status and wealth of the opposite than the morals and etiquette of that person. We can not imply that all humans will be having the same thoughts, there are people who see the moral aspects of a human being more of appreciation than worldly gains.

To elaborate and put it with more appeasing arguments we can say the globe is running after fame and richness of a person than the human norms and attitudes - An instance could be the very age singers and politicians. No matter how eloquent they are in their speeches and with how much feeling they sing, there is always a void when it comes to morals. It's never a point of worry for people nowadays what script the singers are using? are they morally apt to listen to? or does that politician really comply with the needs of the hour and is he/she the one good in manners to support, they see the other side of the coin and eventually give them reputation -

In the world today majority of those who are in power specially in Asia Pacific are those who are morally corrupt, those who are looters and warlords but have reached to highest positions, people who support and chant the slogans after them don't go after the honesty and trustworthiness of them but statuses.

On the other hand those who know the significance of truthfulness and trustworthiness never inclince to corrupts, we have a living example of oppression Basharul Assad a man of power governing Syria, people who have stand up against repel that which Basharul Assad is doing so for them status is nowhere of importance but morality.

As a gist we can wind up that the pros and cons of one being at the social status regardless of his/her moral values differ upon the mindset of the people, in this age of materialism and imperialism we have people protesting in wall street against high status holders and the supporters shedding blood of innocent Syrians to let the oppressor remain in power which could be a very good illustration to show to what extend people are for and against material possessors and those of high statuses.