WRITING TASK 1

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
prabhjot kaur

WRITING TASK 1

Post by prabhjot kaur »

YOU TRAVELED BY LONG DISTANCE BUS RECENTLY AND YOUR SUITCASE WAS DAMAGED.WRITE A LETTER TO THE BUS COMPANY.IN YOUR LETTER.
INFORM THE BUS COMPANY OF WHEN AND TO WHERE YOU TRAVELED.
DESCRIBE YOUR SUITCASE AND WHAT HAPPENED TO IT.
EXPLAIN WHY THE COMPANY SHOULD PAY FOR A NEW SUITCASE.

Dear Sir or Madam,

On 26th of June this year,i traveled from Ludhiana to New Delhi on one of your long route buses.I am writing to inform you about damage of my suitcase during that journey.
The case is red with important material and wheels.During the journey, luggage compartment must have overloaded due to that,in New Delhi i came to know that one of the wheels had broken and the cover of suitcase was torn.The case is only one month old.
I have got legal advice which indicates that your company is liable for damage caused to personal property during a journey.
Therefore i am requesting a full refund from you in order to purchase a new case.
The suitcase can't be repaired,according to the shop from which it was bought,i have the receipt as proof of purchase.
I hope you will respond appropriately and quickly to this letter.

Yours faithfully,
Prabhjot kaur.
argho1985

Re: WRITING TASK 1

Post by argho1985 »

prabhjot kaur wrote:YOU TRAVELED BY LONG DISTANCE BUS RECENTLY AND YOUR SUITCASE WAS DAMAGED.WRITE A LETTER TO THE BUS COMPANY.IN YOUR LETTER.
INFORM THE BUS COMPANY OF WHEN AND TO WHERE YOU TRAVELED.
DESCRIBE YOUR SUITCASE AND WHAT HAPPENED TO IT.
EXPLAIN WHY THE COMPANY SHOULD PAY FOR A NEW SUITCASE.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to inform you about the damage in my suitcase while traveling from Ludhiana to Delhi on the 26th June 2014.On 26th of June this year,i traveled from Ludhiana to New Delhi on one of your long route buses.I am writing to inform you about damage of my suitcase during that journey.
To begin with, the bag was red in color with wheels attached to it and contained some valuable materials of mine. During the journey stretch, I reckon there was a overload of luggage which resulted in damaging on my of wheel of the suitcase and also the most precious crockery. I got to know once I reached my destination and this in turned made me very sad and angry. the The case is red with important material and wheels.During the journey, luggage compartment must have overloaded due to that,in New Delhi i came to know that one of the wheels had broken and the cover of suitcase was torn.The case is only one month old.
Moreover, the bag was only one month old and was under warranty and after continuous legal discussions , I decided that, your organisation should pay me back the charges in the form of full refund so that , I can purchase a new one.

I have got legal advice which indicates that your company is liable for damage caused to personal property during a journey.
Therefore i am requesting a full refund from you in order to purchase a new case.
The suitcase can't be repaired,according to the shop from which it was bought,i have the receipt as proof of purchase.
I hope you will respond appropriately and quickly to this letter.

Yours faithfully,
Prabhjot kaur.

Purpose of letter is not clear...
Linking words are not used..

Hope you understood what I said..

Thanks
Argho
prabhjot kaur

Re: WRITING TASK 1

Post by prabhjot kaur »

yes i got that what you said,thanks again to evaluate my writing...