Task 1 > Ageing populations

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Damien P.

Task 1 > Ageing populations

Post by Damien P. »

Hey everybody!
Here is a description I wrote for my Task 1, today.
Could you please give me your insight about it, and some comments about its task response, coherence or grammar?

Thanks ! :)

These charts describe the age repartition of the populations of Italy and Yemen in 2000, and its forecast for 2050. It is clearly observable that 2050 forecasts represented an older population than for 2000.

In 2000, the ages of the populations of these countries were markedly different. Indeed, 0 to 14 year-olds represented over half the entire population of Yemen, while young Italians only made up fourteen percent. Furthermore, 15 to 59 year-olds represented nearly two thirds of the Italian population, as opposed to less than a half in Yemen. As a result, more than a fifth of Italians were over sixty.

In 2050, however, both countries would see their age repartition change in a rather similar way. As a matter of fact, the proportion of people over sixty would increase from 3.6% to 5.7% in Yemen and 24.1% to 42.3% in Italy. The 15-59 would also be more numerous, as opposed to the youngest ones.

Thus, it is clearly noticeable that the overall populations of Italy and Yemen would be ageing by 2050, since their youngest component seems not to be renewed fast enough to remain stable.